What do we do about it?

Richard

So we all seem to be pissed off ,  if not by our transfer window then certainly where we are as a club.  Some blame the manager,  some the players but in the main the board / owner/ chairman / ceo are the ones that ,  from this site at least,  are getting almost total blame.  A majority at least.

There are many ways in which people have suggested that this should be expressed to the club / the outside world in order for that focus to be brought onto the club.  There are also people who are saying "what's the point,  he wants to sell anyway so what more can he do".  But surely it is now beyond that?  Given the events that the club and its fan base have had to endure these last 5 years culminating in the non event of team strengthening this winter - for that is what the window should be about STRENGTHENING the team and god knows we need that strengthening be it for this season or beyond - surely now we as a collective need to take some action ,  move away from the comfort and safety of apathetic inactivity to the stage of persuading a seemingly (although I doubt to what extent) willing seller to become even more motivated to divorce himself from the club.  For him to extricate himself from B6 at greater speed and haste so that the club can try and rebuild itself,  can have a chance at not dying.  I know some will accuse of dramatic hyperbole but this is ,  I fear,  not the end of the bad times for us.  It is a journey to as yet untiold bad times whilst the owner and his current crop continue in post.  Continue in  their arrogant out of touch way.

So ,  without making this another thread where we bemoan our woes.  What do you suggest we do?

Stay away as many as already done ? - Not sure this matters a jot save for the fact that if we get less than 10K attendance it will highlight what we as a club have become and bring ridiculke from fans as Newcastle fans were ridiculed when their team languished in the lower division in the 80s.  

Protest - To what end?  It has to be a clear and concise message grabbing the attention of a willing media for they will be willing for a story this huge.  It cannot be just Lerner out.

Something else ? - banners ah the good old bed sheet?

What do you think? Surely with the collective intelligence and imagination of the fans of this website we can come up with a workable idea we can all get behind,  buy into and become a focus for the majority to be a sustained and consistent attempt at positive regime change?

I'm in the "what's the point" camp.

Remember Blackburn doing it a few years ago? That got them absolutely no where other than being a complete laughing stock.

I like the idea of boycotting Villa Park, but then by doing that you're actually hurting the club you're supposed to be supporting, not Randy Lerner. Though, an empty Villa Park would be a good statement, but it will achieve no more than that.

Untill Randy sells we are just a bit stuck i'm afraid. I don't believe there's anything we can do that will change a thing. Unfortunately we're just customers, and if you're dissatisfied you should not purchase the product. I know it's sad to talk about football in that manner but that is the state of the modern game i'm afraid. 

Edited by PieFacE

We've just got three decentish results in the league and if we beat West Ham, we might only be 7 points adrift with a game coming up against Norwich presenting us with a real chance of closing the gap even further. Sometimes things just aren't as bad as they seem.

• Like 1

Something needs to be done about the state of the club, but the only thing that will change it's state is Lerner leaving and on that point I think we just have to sit tight and wait for someone to decide they're going to buy us.

Stay away. Boycott. Paying your ticket to protest doesn't mean shit. We're down now regardless. Won't hurt the team.  They hurt themselves. Most will look for an exit when we go down. Boycott.  And don't go back till the **** has sold the club.  Don't buy any merchandise.  Don't give him a cent. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Do whatever for yourself and don't worry about things at the club you can't change.

If you can't face going, don't go, no one can blame you.

If you still want to watch, go and try not to let it get to you too much.

I don't think that you can make a stand that the hierarchy of the club will give a toss about.

How about filling V.P to capacity and showing support for the manager and the team from now till the end of the season BUT showing as many banners etc showing our discontent with the board and owner.

Not buying season tickets, but if you have to go then buy your ticket at the gate on matchday.

• Like 1

Wait until we have had the summer clear out and bought in new players and go and watch the team in the championship next season. It's what we did in 87/88 when we got promoted. It's not all doom and gloom, that was a great season and our team wasn't great that year. IIRC Warren Aspinall was our top scorer :flag:

Edited by KHV
  • Like 1

I'm not sure there is anything, short of us managing to find a couple of hundred million pounds. Sadly.

After that window, the lies  - I'm going to do the one thing a "customer" as the see us can do - I'm not going to give them a single penny of my money. If I was giving them anymore money I'd see it as a vote of confidence in the arseholes running the club. 

I can completely understand why people would disagree with that, though.

8 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

How about filling V.P to capacity and showing support for the manager and the team from now till the end of the season BUT showing as many banners etc showing our discontent with the board and owner.

Not buying season tickets, but if you have to go then buy your ticket at the gate on matchday.

This for me.  Remi is the one of the only good things in this dismal season - show him support, make him want to fight and stay for the longer term.  Show that despite the destroying of this great club that we believe we can come again.  Boycotts etc just make the financial constraints and cutbacks more 'justifiable' for the bean-counters. 

45 minutes ago, useless said:

We've just got three decentish results in the league and if we beat West Ham, we might only be 7 points adrift with a game coming up against Norwich presenting us with a real chance of closing the gap even further. Sometimes things just aren't as bad as they seem.

45 minutes ago, useless said:

I've been thinking this, but let's be honest we're gonna lose tonight :lol: 

If we don't support the club by going to games etc we hurt it financially. Maybe that will "show the board et al" but it's hardly playing to our favor as a whole. It's frustrating, but like someone said, we're customers to a business as it stands. Do as you wish, but understand the consequences.

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I've been thinking this, but let's be honest we're gonna lose tonight :lol: 

Expect the unexpected. It's time to stand up and be counted and get those three points, other teams manage wins in similar fixtures. If we do win, then it might fair to say we're on a bit of a roll.

I will never set foot in VP while Randy Lerner is the owner of Aston Villa.

Granted that's easy to do living in Oz but I've been back a few times, brought the new shirts etc but I will not waste another penny while he's the owner. 

Â