Midweek football 2/3 Feb

andykeenan

Have Leicester got as many points as we did at this point in 08/09 yet? ;)

Being serious, that lot are insane. If they can come away from Man. City and Arsenal away unbeaten or even just win one of them...yes they can seriously win the league as they'd have played most of their hard fixtures so only nerves could let them down or a key injury.

19 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Errrr what. If you think arsenal mini run problems is anything but not having coq and cazorla in team then I doubt you watch them much.

Giroud scoring double? So you want him to be on 36 goals for the season already? In 33 games? Riiiight... (and some of those games have been sub appearances)

How is vardy a top 3 striker? His ability wouldn't be able to cut it at any of the top teams. They're just playing perfect style to suit him which top teams can't/won't play

He's the leading scorer in the Premier League so yes he's a top 3 striker. 

27 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

With 2 young English strikers in Vardy and Kane having great seasons, what's the betting Woy crowbars a woeful and past it Rooney into the England team this summer?

Vardy is 2 months younger than Gabby ;)

22 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Yeh Leicester actually contenders after recent fixtures. Pretty Amazing, hope they do it. 

PaulC thanks for the insight on how you rate players. 

He's a lot better than people give him credit for, but I do take into account current form when rating players yes. 

22 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Vardy is younger than I am, so he's young. :D    That goal though.  Shades of Deano against Ipswich all those years ago.  

Oh, and a minute before Leicester scored their second goal they did this. It's just like watching Brazil. Wonderful football. :wub:

2 great moments of football but sweetest of all that its against Liverpool

Vardy was playing for **** Fleetwood Town in the Conference Premier this time 4 years ago.. How the hell do other clubs land gems like that? I know they signed him when in the Championship but that was still a 1st Division team signing a player in what is the 4th Division? That's quite a punt.. 

59 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Vardy was playing for **** Fleetwood Town in the Conference Premier this time 4 years ago.. How the hell do other clubs land gems like that? I know they signed him when in the Championship but that was still a 1st Division team signing a player in what is the 4th Division? That's quite a punt.. 

"Other clubs". We found Benteke.

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Vardy is younger than I am, so he's young. :D    That goal though.  Shades of Deano against Ipswich all those years ago.  

I immediately thought of that Saunders goal when I saw Vardy's tonight. I think Deano's was better though. - it was further out, and it was at a real football ground.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Lukaku and Benteke due for loan moves to Walsall any day now then. Or us. ;)

I meant over a season not a few games. So maybe Hazard is due a spell at Walsall if he could get into their team ;)

Just love how pundits are proclaiming Newcastle are safe on the basis of a few signings...their back 4 still has Dummett in it!:D Losing tonight to an out of form Everton team without Stones and Lukaku.

They're going to need 5 of their last 13 games...they've still got to go away to Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester, Southampton and Stoke. That is very very tough. Only ones that look winnable are us and Norwich.

7 home games left...Man. City looks a write off and probably Spurs although that is the last day and Spurs may already be in the top 4 and on the beach. Going to put massive pressure on them to win most of the home games v Sunderland (who they always lose too), Palace (think Pardew might be motivated for that one), Bournemouth (have lots of pace on counter attack), Swansea (improving and have a great record at St James since promotion) and West Brom (they should win that as WBA are toss atm although amusing if Berahino scores in that one).

All season long I just haven't been seeing what others on here have in Newcastle. Yes they have good spells here and there in games but so do we.

What might of course save them is Norwich look very poor aswell but it's going to be tight as Swansea and Bournemouth are pulling away from the bottom 3 now.

^^ so little protection for back 4 from midfield and cbs just aren't aggressive / good enough. (in this game anyway)...been redic easy for Everton to play ball to feet for striker or barkley

Edited by gharperr

Â