Who will be joining us in the Championship

Dorset77Villa

Yes. Shelvey and Townsend are good signings, Doumbia is supposed to be pretty good as well although obviously he flopped at Roma. Shelvey in particular was excellent today. 

Their defence is crap, but I think they'll eke out enough points from their front six. 

• 4 weeks later...

Getting interesting now....

Is that Newcastle meekly losing yet another away game I see....now lost 10/14 away from home this season which must be even worse than us or at least par? They are deluded if they think they'll just stay up on their home form as they still have to play likes of Spurs and Man. City at home.

Sums up McClaren...0-0 with 15 minutes left so chance of sneaking a win and he brings on Rivierie instead of Perez and Doumbia!

Huge win for Swansea, think it's a game changer aswell as they're on 30 points and got home games v us and Norwich so that should be 36 points. 38 is usually the safety mark these days. Bournemouth are pretty close to that aswell on 32.

2 from Norwich, Newcastle and Sunderland really. Norwich are in horrendous form but they do have some winnable home games left. Sunderland have picked up but have a very hard fixture list left.

looking at table and which makes it worse for us that I think relegation will be low, 32 or 33 points maybe. that Newcastle vs Sunderland derby for me will determine the 3rd team to go down. Norwich are crap

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

looking at table and which makes it worse for us that I think relegation will be low, 32 or 33 points maybe. that Newcastle vs Sunderland derby for me will determine the 3rd team to go down. Norwich are crap

I agree Norwich look toss but they do have some winnable home games left, interestingly got to play Newcastle and Sunderland at home. Also got Watford who'll be on the beach. They are abysmal away from home though.

Yeah NE derby will be crucial, have a feeling Newcastle will win this time although that won't keep them up on its own.

Newcastle fans still havent got over the ant or Dec banner yet judging by the thread on the Newcastle forum, one even suggests bringing a banner to VP that says who's your next messiah? Jasper carrot?

alas, I don't see Newcastle coming down with us, Norwich look nailed on though & I'd pick sunderland as the other

Newcastle considering what they spent have been shit. We didnt spend a penny but they should be doing better. Think they may stay up just. Swansea result threw a spanner in as I was sure they be joining us and norwich.

12 hours ago, John said:

Norwich and Sunderland for me. But if we must, sending down Newcastle in our last home game would give them another reason to dislike us. :D

Whilst I see the positives in that, I think having Newcastle with us in the Championship next season would make it much more difficult for us.

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Whilst I see the positives in that, I think having Newcastle with us in the Championship next season would make it much more difficult for us.

The same might be said about Sunderland but who knows which players Newcastle would be left with after going down? I think they have an easy enough run in to stay up but it would stop them gloating about our demise and make them think twice about bringing that Jasper Carrot banner that Jimzk5 mentions above (by the way don't they know he is a Nose?). To quote one of their ex-bosses "I would really love it" if we beat them to send them down with us in our last home game. :)

I think newcastle are in a good position if they go down as they have  a wealthy owner. Sunderland gambled massively. if they go down they could be in serious finnacial trouble, thats why if I had to pick out of the two I would take sunderland down with us

1 hour ago, John said:

The same might be said about Sunderland but who knows which players Newcastle would be left with after going down? I think they have an easy enough run in to stay up but it would stop them gloating about our demise and make them think twice about bringing that Jasper Carrot banner that Jimzk5 mentions above (by the way don't they know he is a Nose?). To quote one of their ex-bosses "I would really love it" if we beat them to send them down with us in our last home game. :)

My point was more to do with if we go down without Newcastle, we are the biggest club in that league. We should be able to use that to our advantage in terms of attracting players primarily.

If Newcastle come down with us then that advantage is split.

Not so much with Sunderland.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Newcastle fans still havent got over the ant or Dec banner yet judging by the thread on the Newcastle forum, one even suggests bringing a banner to VP that says who's your next messiah? Jasper carrot?

They bring their banner and then we send them down again and drag them to hell with us :D

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

alas, I don't see Newcastle coming down with us, Norwich look nailed on though & I'd pick sunderland as the other

For this reason alone, we must take them with us. It would be sweet to ruin their big chance at revenge.

• 1 month later...

Birmingham, Blackburn, Brentford, Bristol City, Fulham, Huddersfield, Ipswich, Leeds, N.Forest, Preston, QPR, Reading and Rotherham for sure atm, although we're more joining them. Wigan look like they're coming up. Burton should hold on for promotion unless Walsall do something amazing. any 1 from 10 could still make it up via the playoffs with 2 games to go in League 1. Cardiff clinging on to playoff hopes in the championship, either them or Sheff Weds miss out. Derby and Hull in the playoffs with whoever doesn't finish top 2 out of Boro, Burnley and Brighton. so 4 out of those 7 will still be with us next year. 

I think Norwich are coming down with us probably with Newcastle. Purely because of Allardyce really.

Â