Who will be joining us in the Championship

Dorset77Villa

Went with Sunderland and Norwich previously but for a brief while it looked like it would be Swansea instead of one of them  , but now they have corrected the Alan Curtis mistake they may pull through

Based on the squad we have and some of the other teams in the championship  , we could be down there for some time unless we put it right in the summer

TBH the smaller the better.  As much as I'd like to see Newcastle down there, they're too big a threat from a playing resource point of view and it lessens our chances of automatic promotion.  A couple of minnows like Norwich and Swansea would be better than either of the 2 North Easterners.  Although I highly expect it'll be us, Sunderland and one other.  Probably Norwich.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

They have Tony Pulis.  They're out of it.  I'd love to be wrong though.

I agree. A bit like Big Sam (although he might just fall short this time) he'll keep the score tally ticking over and get then there.

after their "attacking display" at home last week I wouldnt be so confident

But that's just it. Some weeks they look truly dreadful then they'll go out the next week and pull a result out oh their backside.

7 hours ago, BOF said:

TBH the smaller the better.  As much as I'd like to see Newcastle down there, they're too big a threat from a playing resource point of view and it lessens our chances of automatic promotion.  A couple of minnows like Norwich and Swansea would be better than either of the 2 North Easterners.  Although I highly expect it'll be us, Sunderland and one other.  Probably Norwich.

Norwich have already bounced back straight away from the last time they were relegated so I wouldn't say they'd be any easier to brush off.

We need to get our own house in order before we start selecting which teams we'd prefer to come down with. Plus don't forget there's plenty in the championship who'll just miss out and will keep on spending to try and get up and get a slice of the cake.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

But that's just it. Some weeks they look truly dreadful then they'll go out the next week and pull a result out oh their backside.

Yes you cant judge whether a team are going to stay up or go down on one isolated performance. 

Edited by PaulC

People seem sure Newcastle are going to stay up, but they've been in the bottom 3 most of the season. Shelvey is hit and miss and as with all new signings, no guarantee they will gel. Or be any good at all.

I think it will probably be Norwich too, along with Sunderland and Aston Villa. But I'm not so certain as some that Newcastle will pull away.

• Like 1

Sunderland are already **** though, the owner has stopped putting money in and are left with some shit players on really big contracts. Plus they have replaced their manager every season since 2011 which is also money wasted 

Â