Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

I look at the first goal and think why didn't Vertout react quicker. It comes off his chest and he just stood still. He should be on his toes aggressivly chasing the 2nd ball. These guys really don't give a shit.

He probably believes that on another day it would of bounced off his chest and fell into guzans arms. It really annoys me I've been thinking about the first goal since I watched it on the internet stream.

The bloke who wrote the match report for the Mail on Sunday thinks Richards played the backpass that led to the third goal. He also thinks that Bacuna was taken off at half time to save him being sent off.

When the people that are being paid to watch the game can't even be arsed, you know you've got trouble.

• Like 1

Probably, the worse game of football I've ever attended. Not only the score line but the whole experience. Saying it was similar to a pre-season friendly doesn't do pre-season friendlies justice. Man City fans are like spoiled rich kids and were poor. They could do with remembering their history and have a bit of class. Although I imagine not many of them would know who Nicky Weaver is. I'm not sure if they had another gear but I was far from mesmerized by their talent on show and strangely feel 4 flattered them. The FA Cup is a ghost of its former self and is depreciating before our very eyes. As is Aston Villa FC. 23,000 is a sorry state of affairs but I can totally understand why people would want to save £15. There was nothing to get anyone off their seats. It sapped the life out of me and the majority of people there. After the game there wasn't even people moaning it was purely silent. Lifeless. They need to do more to get the fans on side. We are gutless and an easy touch. A soft penalty which wouldn't of been given our way. 2 minutes in Delph goes in late on Veretout. A probable booking. We take it. We need to engage in the dark arts. There should be players questioning why it isn't a booking. Similar to the West Brom penalty simply put pressure on the ref. Every team does it except us and we don't get the decisions. If we could learn how to complete a 5 yard pass it would help our cause too. I'm more confident with Bunn. Richards is poor and we are stronger without him. Iddy Gana is going backwards. No physicality in midfield what so ever. We've been screaming out for a 'Barton' esque player for a while now. There is nothing in the final third. Sagna playing centre back please someone run behind him. Sinclair is permanently on cruise control. He is a made man and looks it. Why not try Sellars? He really cannot do worse and we might see a bit of passion. We didn't look bothered and perhaps we wanted out. I really hope this is the case and we see a different performance Tuesday because we are going to need more to inspire. 

• Like 1