Backroom staff

mwj

37 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

When we were relegated before, if memory serves me correctly, attendances were unaffected. Sponsorship and that sort of thing would be a bigger problem. There may also be ongoing cost cutting which I suspect will have been going on for the last number of seasons.

Problem with being relegated now is that you get £65m less in tv money, that **** everything. Our revenue last season was about £115m and I think £85m of that was tv money!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

When we were relegated before, if memory serves me correctly, attendances were unaffected. Sponsorship and that sort of thing would be a bigger problem. There may also be ongoing cost cutting which I suspect will have been going on for the last number of seasons.

We were a big club then, even in the old 3rd division.Now we are a big club in name only..................Thanks Randy.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

The thread from October was locked, so posted here (mods feel free to move as necessary). With Phelan getting the push at hull and working so well with Bruce last season, would we look at getting him in as coach or is that treading on Calderwoods toes as assistant?

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The thread from October was locked, so posted here (mods feel free to move as necessary). With Phelan getting the push at hull and working so well with Bruce last season, would we look at getting him in as coach or is that treading on Calderwoods toes as assistant?

Not if he is brought in as a coach and the roles are clearly defined for each.

Liverpool echo. 

Everton are searching for a new Scandinavian talent-spotter after their long-serving scout left the club.

The ECHO understands that Bryan King has quit the Blues having worked for them since 2008.

King held a similar role with Tottenham Hotspur between 2002-08 and was Aston Villa’s European scout before that.

And it is believed that King will rejoin Villa and work under Ian Atkins, the Championship club’s chief scout who left Goodison earlier this season.

Â