Pre-Match Thread

Sam3773

18 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Their 3rd string side would comfortably beat us.

And on that basis.

We're out.

They might.

But their first string only managed a 0-0 a couple of months ago. And we were shitter then than we are now

Yeah a Delph goal at Villa Park would really be taking the piss.

If lower division sides can cause upsets in the cup the why can't we? In all likelihood we are going to get played off the park, but we might nick it so we should really give a good go for nothing else but preserving some of the fragile confidence we have put together. A heroic effort and us losing narrowly would still give Garde some scope to beef up the confidence a bit for the next league match. 

• Like 1

Embedded image permalink

They've picked a bit of a hotch potch tonight starting XI, considering its a semi-final. The attack is good but the defence looks shonky.

Nice to see Aguero not being rested though - I don't like seeing class players being injured but I hope he picks up a knock tonight!

Obviously hoping for extra time tonight!

Edited by theboyangel

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Embedded image permalink

They've picked a bit of a hotch potch tonight starting XI, considering its a semi-final. The attack is good but the defence looks shonky.

Nice to see Aguero not being rested though - I don't like seeing class players being injured but I hope he picks up a knock tonight!

Obviously hoping for extra time tonight!

defensively thats probably their best back4  at the moment with Kompany out

Extra time tonight would be nice. No pressure on Saturday Garde should pick a decent starting XI with a few changes, and tell them to enjoy it. 4 unbeaten at home with 2 clean sheets-that is good for Villa since post O'Neill days. Its a shame not many want to go as we need a good atmosphere to get the boys going and keep the city lot quiet. It's only £15 in the Holte, that is cheaper than most league two matches. I reckon we might surprise a few. 1-1 draw, and lose the replay.

We have a big game at West Ham and a bigger one against Norwich next week and we need a minimum of 4 points from these to keep even a tiny glimmer of hope alive. I would expect both teams to be some way off their first choice starting line ups so its a case of who really wants it most.

I would play something like (although this may be subject to considerable change if we bring in 3 or 4 players who are not cup-tied on Thursday):D:

Bunn, Hutton, Clark, Richards, Cissokho, Veretout, Sanchez, Westwood, Grealish, Sinclair & Kozak.  

My heart says 1-0 to us so that the FA Cup & top 17 spot in the PL double is still on! I'm not currently prepared to listen to what my head is trying to tell me about our future although I think it sounds something like bright but possibly not quite...

• Like 2

I don't think either team is going to field their regular XI. City just played yesterday, they play again saturday, then again tuesday. That is 3 matches in 6 days. Would be foolish to play their first XI yet again when they have a league match which is fair more important only a couple days after. 

I think we should go for it. 2 matches in 4 days is quite a bit, but do able.