Pre-Match Thread

Sam3773

Five games unbeaten in all competitions and we've come up against Man City.

A win or a draw here would keep the confidence up and hopefully let us push on a bit more in the PL on Tuesday.

It's a funny old game, football. Never know what may happen with the wind behind us. Downhill.

Not too fussed about this but a win or a spirited draw can be an immense confidence boost. Imagine going into the West Ham game 6 games unbeaten having knocked out City out of the cup and possibly a new star striker? Could be just the shot in the arm we need to save our season. If we lose it's not really a big deal either unless we get destroyed.

Over forty years been a fan of this club. I give a **** about every result,  friendly, cup,  league,  every game we have played in.  Add to that the fact that I am so desperate for us to win the FA Cup and have been since I was a kid. To see us win the FA CUP at Wembley immense.

So bearing that in mind you'll understand how strange it is for me to say I could not actually give two **** about this game.

• Like 1

A solid performance will do for me.

Bunn

Bacuna/Richards - Okore - Lescott - Cissohko

Lyden - Sanchez - Gana

Vertout - Ayew

Kozak

subs

any of

GK - No Guzan

Richards/Bacuna

Clark

Westwood

Gil

Sellers

This is a free hit as they say.  It's possible that Citeh won't take it 100% seriously, so in that sense whether it be down to team selection, motivation or both, we have more of a sniff here than if it was a league game.  I say use the full team and see what happens.  If they can somehow maintain an unbeaten run or better, progress, then it could be a great fillip for the rest of the season.  If we go out then we were expected to anyway.  It's like the anti-Wycombe game. And as we've seen over and over again this season, Man City really do fail to show up quite often these days.

• Like 1

On that basis we would be out, but football doesn't work like that.  Especially given the way this particular collection of superstars are sitting 3rd in the league having just laboured to a draw with West Ham.  Add in the fact that it's a cup (and they'll hopefully rest Aguero ...) and I don't think it's quite the foregone conclusion that it would be.

Obviously we're still hooj outsiders.  That goes without saying.  But stranger things have happened.