Eric Black

villan-scott

He's just incompetent, never won a game as a stand in manager before. But maybe tbe club is alienating some players who perhaps don't have relegation clauses in their contracts to force them to want to move.

I hate the way he keeps going on about "giving the fans something back". Literally nothing would make me feel any better about this season, we could win the final two games 10-0, doesn't take away from the fact that the club have been an absolute embarrassment all season. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

He said he thought we were "outstanding today". Lost truely lost it??

Another puppet too scared to tell the media what he really thinks. Bet he pussyfoots around the players too. Would like to see him gone, not least because of his blues involvement. 

13 minutes ago, briny_ear said:
4 hours ago, bradarmstrong_ said:
Where did we find him?

He was personally selected by Rémi Garde who knew him from his time in France.

not quite true. Garde had never met him before he was hired but did say he was highlighted by his network.

Don't get the selections he makes. Don't get his decisions. Don't get anything he comes out with. 

Don't get why we're even relying on him to look after this club.

Please God let us get a decent manager and owner soon

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

not quite true. Garde had never met him before he was hired but did say he was highlighted by his network.

I thought we got him because he can speak French. He was essentially redundant as soon as Garde said the players will communicate in English. 

I am very much against black continuing as caretaker, particularly after his outburst in the press but to be fair we deserved to win today and by a couple of goals to boot

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Fair enough. So this was just wrong, then?

The 52-year-old has been personally selected by the boss who knows him from his time at France and his arrival could be the best bit of business in this so far fruitless January transfer window.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2016 at 02:04, lexicon said:

As we're already down and he's likely to be replaced when the new owner and manager come in, he's probably just picking teams that will cause him the least amount of hassle from the dickhead players on a day to day basis. Can't say I blame him. 

i think that is just about the sum total of it.

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

He said he thought we were "outstanding today". Lost truely lost it??

wouldnt say outstanding but was probably our best team performance of season today (which is scary and sad)

• Like 1

We all want to get past this shiteness quickly and have something , anything, to be positive about and start the process of rebuilding with any green shoots . This word removed is not helping that at all he is prolonging the shiteness 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, briny_ear said:

It is the Evening Mail who aren't exactly known for their journalistic expertise ;)

I recalled my understanding of the whole debacle from an OS piece, with quotes from Remi

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5309363,00.html

Rémi Garde says Eric Black's experience within the English game was a key factor in his appointment and has tipped his new man to have an immediate impact.

Black, who was a member of Sir Alex Ferguson's European Cup Winners' Cup Aberdeen squad, joined the club as first-team coach this week after leaving Rotherham to take up the post.  

The former Birmingham City coach and Coventry City manager has thrown himself into the role - assisting Garde on the Bodymoor training fields and getting to know the squad.

And the boss has been impressed with what he's seen so far and believes his experience as a player and manager can only benefit the claret and blue cause.

He said: "His experience of football and experience of English football is second to none.

"He has played at the highest level.

"He has been in this business in this country now for many years which was important for me.

"I met with him, had some long discussions with him and felt he was the right guy for me to help me to help the team.

"I've never worked with him before.

"He played for Metz in France, in my network I've been told he could be someone very helpful for me.

"I didn't know him before, only his name, because in France he was a well-known player and that's why as soon as I knew he could be available I met him.

"He has helped me a lot already.

"I think it was important for the players to have someone who knows the culture of English football well, I know a bit but he has worked here for a long time."

I'll accept though, this is a petty discussion! (apologies if misconstrued as one-upmanship)

Eric Black shouldn't be anywhere near the management seat, even in a caretaker role.

An appalling tactitian who has managed to fuel the venemous flames of the fans by continually selecting hate-figures within the team and alienating players that could do an equal or arguably better job given the chance.

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I would love to know his thinking with that Sinclair sub, as someone else mentioned it earlier in the thread it's straight out of the Tim Sherwood notebook. It doesn't make sense on any level of football. 

To make some sort of sense of it and I don't agree with Black's thinking by the way, was that firstly, the subsitution disrupts play.  Secondly, I can only assume that his thinking was that Sinclair would run the channels/corners and act as an out ball.  We were inviting pressure, depending ever so deep and simply giving the ball back to them too easily.  However, from a coaches point of view, I would have brought on Richards and kept the five across the back.  Black said that they had practised this for a few days, so why then make the back line a four after the sending off?  Richards may have at least got in the way of some of those crosses!  Still scratching my head too to be honest. 

I said in the pre match thread that yesterday was the worst starting eleven I had ever seen us put out in the league. I stand by that.

This man is either winding us up on purpose, is bound by some directive from above, or is a complete moron.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MuleAthon said:

I said in the pre match thread that yesterday was the worst starting eleven I had ever seen us put out in the league. I stand by that.

This man is either winding us up on purpose, is bound by some directive from above, or is a complete moron.

It didn't have Richardson in it so Bournemouth at home wins it for me.

Â