Ratings and Reactions: West Brom v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Credit to Lescott, MotM today. Our defense looked strong, I wasn't worried at any point. 

We have no answers up front unfortunately. Kozak was awful and Ayew is not a striker.

Should've had a peno and won.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

nobody can argue that the other 3 were against teams who just weren't at the races.

That's nonsense mate -

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Leicester DO NOT have that big a difference in terms of ability.

They DO have that big a difference in terms of mentality.

Go and watch the game again and have a look at our runs, crosses and shots.  They could have been having an off day but suggests ability is a problem to me - woeful!

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Without doubt we could/should have better quality players however, the players are good enough to score a goal or 2. They just don't have the ruthlessness. Which is down to mentality.

Ppl are talking about 5 games unbeaten. Yes it's an improvement. 2 games were against wycombe and nobody can argue that the other 3 were against teams who just weren't at the races.

We've been so shite that it seems a positive that we've drawn a boring 0-0 with an utterly dire West Brom.  It's not. 

Are you a commentator, by any chance?

Garbage football, with brain-dead players. Poor tactics from Garde by not hooking off Bacuna and going two up top. We never looked like scoring against a team that today was worse than us.

Excellent point err no, points dropped yet again...

The more I see Garde influence this team the more I think he's the most important person to retain this summer. There's no player that I'd really be gutted at losing because I think they're all replaceable even when we're in the Championship. I think Remi can make us very hard to beat with even second rate players.

• Like 2

Lescott and Westwood both excellent. Bacuna terrible; Veretout could have made a difference in that game - why did he not start instead? Richards does not look interested; he did more maurading forward at centre back; is he unhappy to be made RB?

A good performance, and Garde is definitely doing a terrific job. Good to see that more and more posters are being converted in his favour.

I think we all know what the problem is - WE NEED A STRIKER TO PUT THEM AWAY.

6 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Penalty incident is interesting. Should have had two against Leicester, didn't get one. Should have had one today (?). And the FA committee tell us we can't buy who we want to. It'd be easy for a boy to get paranoid about the F.A and who they want in what leagues.

Totally agree with this and I am actually starting to believe some of the FFP conspiracies being branded about. When you look at the penalty today the ref is in a great position. I cannot understand his thought process not to give it. How has he come to the conclusion that it is not a penalty? There is no one obstructing his view and it didn't exactly happen at a high pace. Olsson clearly hasn't touched the ball and with his view he should of been able to identify that. Not only that even if he thinks he has had the slightest touch of the ball Olsson has gone through the back of Ayew. I struggle to justify his decision any way I look at it. I do think we are a soft touch though. A blatant penalty like that warrants more players around the official. Other teams do it and other teams would of got the decision.

Garde has got us organised which is reassuring. We obviously need wins but I am not going say we are nailed on for the drop just yet. There is a tiny bit of hope there. Up the Villa. 

• Like 1

Haven't been able to watch the Villa for about six weeks now and the overall improvement in the way we play is very obvious, but then again so is the lack of quality in attacking positions. Can't really fault Ayew, but it was terribly disjointed and there was just no menace in the box.

I was almost wishing Gabby was out there for a moment.

Bacuna was shocking today and I would have to say if he is not at full back he shouldn't be in the team. Veretout showed more quality in 10 minutes than Bacuna did in 90.

Is it all over then? A betting man would say so, but the fact that we are unbeaten in 5 shows there is a heart still beating. If they can do something before the end of the window for a striker we might have a glimmer.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Leicester DO NOT have that big a difference in terms of ability.

They DO have that big a difference in terms of mentality.

I think they have better players as well, especially up front.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Oh my word.... I don't even know  how to respond to this. Leicester have WAY better players than us in every position on the pitch. That why they are top of the league and heading for the Champions League and we are bottom and heading for the Championship. Anyone who thinks our players are even close to being as good as theirs is clearly not well...

Edit; That was aimed at Woodytoms original post. 

Edited by One For The Road

8 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Oh my word.... I don't even know  how to respond to this. Leicester have WAY better players than us in every position on the pitch. That why they are top of the league and heading for the Champions League and we are bottom and heading for the Championship. Anyone who thinks our players are even close to being as good as theirs is clearly not well...

Edit; That was aimed at Woodytoms original post. 

I thought that ..... until I saw us play them. Now I'm just confused!!!

They do. But not by the margin shown by the table. Which was kind of my point.

I agree. But we've been much better off late no?

If we'd had a half decent striker rather than a donkey up front today we'd have won the game. I'm sure of it.

Or a bloody penalty.

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I thought that ..... until I saw us play them. Now I'm just confused!!!

I think they were having a bit of a mid-season dip when we played them. You know, like we've been playing all season but they just did it for 2-3 games.