Between a rock and a hard place

PussEKatt

Standing back and looking outside the box, I can see only 3 paths that Villa can realistically take,none of which lead to a place we want to go.

A- We get relegated and spend between 3/5 seasons in the championship before a brief return to the PL.The reason for this is,Lerners backing and the fact that to get promoted we have to finish above clubs like QPR,Hull,Cardiff,Blackburn,Wolves,Burnley and whichever 2 clubs go down with us.

B-We avoid relegation but we spend the next 3/5 seasons the same as we spent the last 3/5 seasons.Finishing between 15th and 17th and looking over our shoulder for the whole season.In other words a constant relegation battle.The reason for this is.Lerners backing.

C- We get relegated and end up like Preston NE and Huddersfield.Clubs that were giants of the game.....once upon a time

The only other path I can see is if we get bought by someone like Branson or Microsoft............hopefully.

What are your thoughts ?

G - We narrowly avoid relegation this season and finish 17th on goal difference. It then turns out that our 'business' ran club is now self-sufficient and doesn't need money from Randolph.

We use this money to buy a couple of players and finish 9th under Garde in 16/17. The following season we finish 3rd and are fully profit making. Tom Fox gets hailed as a financial and contractual genius, Reg Hollis still doesn't know where he is and Lerner starts coming to games again.

Called it.

H- we get relegated but become a yo-yo club as the Premier League Clubs will have an extra £40 million to spend from next season so even the poorest of teams will have some very high paid players. They are going to be spending BIG this summer. If/when we manage to get back up, we'll be facing teams who are all in the top 30 in the annual money league list. 

Edited by supernova26

6 hours ago, supernova26 said:

H- we get relegated but become a yo-yo club as the Premier League Clubs will have an extra £40 million to spend from next season so even the poorest of teams will have some very high paid players. They are going to be spending BIG this summer. If/when we manage to get back up, we'll be facing teams who are all in the top 30 in the annual money league list. 

Reminds me, I read recently we are in this year's top 30 which surprised me. But then so are 16 other PL clubs. So what you're saying is already standard.

Edited by Keyblade

We drop this year, come back next year in 2nd.... flirt with relegation the year after but slowly climb to 10th, which gets hailed as 'great' for this club by media spouts like Lawro.

Lerner here, Lerner not - it wont matter. Unless a super billionaire comes in just to make us awesome that's where we'll end up. Natural order.

Â