Pre-match thread

dont_do_it_doug.

If we are to go down let us do so having beaten this lot in their own backyard!

If we do beat them it will be 15 points on the board and who would have really thought we would have got to that figure already after the Sunderland game?

So it might yet be almost game on again come Saturday night. I would take a draw but we are due a win or 8! 

They have lots of injuries. Their forum said they would take a draw as it would be another nail in our coffin! LOL. Jokers. 

Pulis basically said they'll rely on the crowd and players running around a lot.

Likely result is a draw but we need to do better...early goal would be good. 

19 minutes ago, Callum said:

Feels like another one of those defining turning point games, then again what game doesnt these days?

Weirdly nervous and excited for this one. 

Win and we prolong the agony a bit I spose! Combined with all our rivals losing and it becomes significant only if we can get a positive result next time out too, and the game after that... What am I saying though? When was the last time we had a sequence of 5 games undefeated?

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I always get paranoid when thinking about posting my thoughts when I feel confident. Tempting fate and all that. Then occasionally I remember, the world doesn't actually revolve around me so **** it...

2-0 Villa. With their injuries, our relative form and the fans behind us I fancy us to break our away form hoodoo and finally give somebody a little hiding. This game, honestly, could not come at a better time for us.

Whilst I'm confident and I hope the lads are confident, I'm nervous as ****!

Me too. 

I hate feeling confident and I hate feeling any kind of hope. Over the years I've become convinced the football gods hate me. 

Rationally, though, I fancy our chances today. 

This is a weird one for me. The last few games I have had zero expectation whatsoever, so when Villa came away with the points it was a pleasant surprise. However, that has started to form an expectation in my mind that we should be playing fairly decent football and fires up the glimmer of hope that all is not lost. With that being said though, I am not convinced that we can score, we just seem to fizzle out every single attack going forward, there is literally no point during the game that I am on the edge of my seat expecting the net to bulge. So that basically means that's a well organised Pulis team needs to make a mistake for us to see Villa score. At least our defence seems a lot tighter, so you would like to think that if (a huge if) we can stick the ball in the onion bag then we have a decent chance to take the points.

Despite the above, I am going for a 1-1 draw. I can't see how we will score more than 1 goal (if we even get that), and like others before me I can see the Baggies scoring from a set piece.

That stupid glimmer of hope keeps rearing it's ugly head though, and like a smoker trying to quit, subliminally keeps slipping into my head at the oddest of times, whispering "2-1 to the Villa, gorge".

Edited by Chewie