• Like 2

1 hour ago, KHV said:

-------------------------Bunn-------------------------

Bacuna--------Okore------Lescott-----Cissokho

------------------------Gueye------------------------

--------------Westwood-----Veretout--------------

--------------------------Gil---------------------------

----------------Kozak----------Ayew-----------------

I'd go with this with probably one change, Richards for Bacuna.

If West Brom score the first goal then it's all over. 

A draw would be a decent result, a win would certainly be better but I think unlikely.  I thought we'd lose the last couple of games too though so what do I know.

3 minutes ago, H said:

If West Brom score the first goal then it's all over. 

A draw would be a decent result, a win would certainly be better but I think unlikely.  I thought we'd lose the last couple of games too though so what do I know.

Yup. First goal is crucial. We get it and it's a massive confidence boost riding on the last few results. Olbiyun get it and they will Pulis the hell out of us 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Only change id make is to drop gil and put gestede up top with kozak, and ayew behind them. Get physical with them up front and i think we can do something. 

Win this and the great escape is on, anything less and the fat lady will start singing.  

Pains me to say it, but I think this is the way to go as well. Ayew plays much better centrally and Gil has done nothing in the last 3-4 games from a creative standpoint (disregarding his goal)

Not sure TCBR.  The Boggies rely on brute force rather than pressure.  I think Gil could run rings around them.  He came on and made the difference midweek albeit against far inferior opposition but at least he shrugged off the poor performance against Lee-chester last weekend.

I agree with BOF.

Just because that worked at Leicester, doesn't mean it'll work with a Pulis west Brom team.

I personally think they'd easily soak that all up.

The approach we took vs Palace will be much more successful, imo

We learned against Leicester that Gestede is a good option to bring off the bench especially with Kozak up top as well. I'd start the same team we have been playing. No need to change things up. That team is getting points and we need to some type of consistency. Gabby can come off the bench to prove he still belongs in the squad. If not, ship him off. 

West brom struggle enormously with pace. We need the game to be stretched and hit them on counters. This is how we played when we beat them in the cup last year under sherwood who did get his tactics spot on on that occasion. 

Unfortunately we don't have the dynamic players like we used to. Therefore were reliant upon trickery of Ayew, Gil and possibly finding a way to get something out of Sinclair. I'd be very tempted to throw a quick youth on if there is one. 

Lumping it will play directly into the hands of mcauley/Evans/Olsson and we can expect them to pack and dominate the midfield with yacob, Gardner etc. If we let them. We'll lose the physical battle here so our only differentiator will be out wide with pace. Would be a fantastic game for Gabby to make a WWF-like comeback.

for me:- bunn, bacuna, lescott, okore, cissokho

holding mids of Sanchez and Westwood/Veretout then

3 behind Gestede of Ayew, Gabby/Sinclair and Gil 

no room for Grealish nor two lump strikers for me.

• Like 1

Same starting line-up.  Bench: Rudy as a late game plan B if needed.  Grealish on for Gil if he's off his game / gets crocked.  Lyden as a spare midfielder to help shut it out when we're 0-3 up.  Goose as spare keeper.  Don't really care after that.

1-1 , score draw .but if we do manage a win against Pulis and his tactical game killing methods then our confidence will be sky high for a highly winnable game against west ham , dreaming about the "villa great escape 15-16 season"

Hutton is injured and Bacuna was out of the XVIII against Wycombe with 'a slight injury' so I suspect the only change from the Leicester game will be Richards replacing Bacuna at right back, and he'll just have to do it, even if he doesn't want to.