Pre-match thread

dont_do_it_doug.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Not sure TCBR.  The Boggies rely on brute force rather than pressure.  I think Gil could run rings around them.  He came on and made the difference midweek albeit against far inferior opposition but at least he shrugged off the poor performance against Lee-chester last weekend.

Him and Grealish were easily marked out of the game by them at VP.

I actually think Richards will start at RB for this, Remi will want a more physical approach to deal with them, especially at set pieces.

Bacuna has been doing well lately though so should find a home in central midfield.

• Like 1

Don't wanna play RB Richards? Well tough poo. That's where you were effective when you were good and that's where we need you. Now show the same passion on the pitch that you do in the stands after getting subbed off 

Would be interested to see Richards at right back and Bacuna on the right of the diamond - could be quite tasty. Conversely, they both could get caught ridiculously out of position.

Of course the inclusion of Richards would probably mean Gil misses out. Thats the only change I would consider for this one, bur wouldn't be surpirsed to see the same team again.

17 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Would be interested to see Richards at right back and Bacuna on the right of the diamond - could be quite tasty. Conversely, they both could get caught ridiculously out of position.

Of course the inclusion of Richards would probably mean Gil misses out. Thats the only change I would consider for this one, bur wouldn't be surpirsed to see the same team again.

Bacuna would replace Westwood surely? 

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

4-2 villa win!! Goals galore in this derby I predict and we are going to run riot!

UTV

That bit of clunge has obviously melted your brain!

• Like 4

My mate has already started with the the twice-annual excuse list to cover himself whatever the result. Injuries mainly. 

in fairness we are also without Amavi, Traore, Gabby, Hutton and possibly Grealish (fully). Given their main weakness is pace, the loss of many of those is a blow too. 

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Brunt, Olsson, Fletcher and Morrison all out. 

Taking luck out of the equation, we simply have to win this based on the above. 

Whenever we used to play Stoke Pulis always used to say on the Friday 3 key players were major doubts, they always played. He's done that at West Brom aswell.

In fairness Brunt and Morrison are injured, Fletcher will play though imo.

I always get paranoid when thinking about posting my thoughts when I feel confident. Tempting fate and all that. Then occasionally I remember, the world doesn't actually revolve around me so **** it...

2-0 Villa. With their injuries, our relative form and the fans behind us I fancy us to break our away form hoodoo and finally give somebody a little hiding. This game, honestly, could not come at a better time for us.

Whilst I'm confident and I hope the lads are confident, I'm nervous as ****!

• Like 1