Pre-match thread

dont_do_it_doug.

Despite our position, I feel our recent form means we go into this as relative equals at the moment.  I won't say I'm confident of a win but I certainly don't feel like the whipping boy anymore.  Which is nice.

A win here and belief will creep back in, my cruel, old friend belief. 

Seriously though we've got a good bit of momentum now, for what that's worth. I'd start the same 11 as versus Leicester as others have said. I would be tempted to put Gabby on the bench, I know his name is mud at the moment but he has a good record against Baggies and if things aren't working then if Kozak is getting some knock downs and flick ons Gabby can run on to them.

3 pts would be fantastic

1pt keeps us ticking over

Bunn

Richards/Bacuna Okore Lescott/Clark Cissohko

Lyden Gana Vertout

Gil Ayew

Kozak

subs

any from this shower : GK? - Richards/Bacuna - Lescott/Clark - Westwood/Sanchez - Grealish/Sinclair - Gestede

I actually don't think there is much difference between WBA and Villa in terms of ability. I think we ought to have more points on the board than now ( a few games stand out as games we should've won or at least drawn) and as the team has played more together we've looked better. This game is there for the taking but we lack a bit of cutting edge so heart says win, head says draw. I'd be reasonably pleased with a draw.  

Think this is 1-0 WBA all day long...bit like the Villa Park game but we'll play better this time.

Trouble is Pulis will sit them deep and we won't have a clue how to break them down. Think they'll nick one from a set piece and that will be that.

If we could win it though it would be a real shot in the arm result especially with Norwich at home coming up shortly afterwards.

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Defining game of the season this is. This will determine if we really are mounting some type of come back or if it was just luck. 

Finally a must win game!

• Like 1

Be great to shut the albion up but i think draw is bets we can hope for. We really need a big victory against someone I think thats only way we have a spec of staying up. Confidence is such a important thing in the modern game now. Look at Chelsea as a example