Rating and Reactions; Villa v Wycombe

limpid

Match Polls  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Lyden played well, very adventurous so out of position at times but otherwise good. Sinclair was very bad for 99% of the game. Gestede is lazy. Grealish was cheered off (not in the good way) and Gil looked good when he came on.

Garde made the right change at half time as we were just going long and had nobody driving from midfield, this made us look better in the second half but not great.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

After a competent performance against a team 3 leagues below? I'd give him infinity out of 7.

Weird how people see things so differently in a game where nobody saw anything.

It's almost as if we shouldn't jump to conclusions about performances in a game we can't watch! :D

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Weird how people see things so differently in a game where nobody saw anything.

It's almost as if we shouldn't jump to conclusions about performances in a game we can't watch! :D

If I didn't commentuntil I was informed on the topic, I'd still be on 0 posts. :P 

• Like 3

Well, listening to it I got the impression we were BOTTOM OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE, because they said that every time they said our name. I also got the impression we were totally lacklustre and clueless. The BBC article says we "edged" past them, however the stats say 69% possession and 7 shots on target to their 1. I am struggling to reconcile the stats with the stuff I've heard and read.

I voted Garde as good, because he was rotating his squad and having a look at players against weaker opposition, last time he did that the selection for the Palace game was well received and won 3 points. He might have learnt some more tonight. Hopefully the players will start to want the winning feeling a littel more regularly!

Deserved in the end, but my giddy aunt we made hard work of it. Not a single "reserve" made a case for them self.

Pleased for the first team players to get the result, keep the momentum going. Equally pleased it didn't go to extra time, I'm 76% sure I have frostbite in 5 toes.

• Like 1