Rating and Reactions; Villa v Wycombe

limpid

Match Polls  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Talksport post match seems to sum up my thoughts on us exactly, squad that isn't great but nowhere near as poor as they show every week, just utterly gutless

Indeed.

Luckily, only 4 of the players on the pitch tonight are likely to play a significant part on Saturday and 2 of those came on to change the game.

That said, I feel like Sinclair played ok. Too lightweight, but nice trickery, pace, unlucky not to finish a jinking little run.

Roll on the baggies. Roll on the feeling returning to my face.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The commentators concluding that we'd made 9 changes to go back to a full strength team (from, you know, the team that drew with leicester and beat Palace) was a highlight for me.

haha yeah that made me laugh! I think Saunders said that us recalling Guzan proves that it was a full strength side as well

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How have so many people voted on the performance? :D

I gave the ref a 'very good' for the lolz and Remi a 'very good' because that's just what he is. 

Followed the game, on and off, in the match thread. All I really know about the game is that Dean Saunders talks a lot of nonsense and that Celtic won 8-1. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The commentators concluding that we'd made 9 changes to go back to a full strength team (from, you know, the team that drew with leicester and beat Palace) was a highlight for me.

That and saying Grealish was a regular starter all last season and the scorer being KEEE-RON clark was pretty funny really. Oh and the surreal Deano Gaelic sports interlude, and it being his mom's birthday. He did give us the great "...it's not all about running..." too. Which you know, might have revolutionised ow I think abotu football.

We were pretty pedestrian for most of the match, we even started booing the back passes in the second half, we just made it so easy for them to get back into position and defend, Two decent goals and to be honest its what we deserved as they never really tested us and it was like watching a training match.

Grealish needs to get fitter and stop ending up on his arse, even the home fans were getting bored of it, no surprise when he was replaced just in how long it took.

Gill and Gana both showed why they are first team players when they came on and turned the game for us.

Not a great match but now unbeaten in 4.

two goals!?! what!?
not supprised it wasn't on the telly, its obvious that Wycombe have been paid off, they probably fielded a team of 6 year olds who's had their asthma inhalers stolen! :)

bit surprised he played ayew and gestede, personally i would have rested them but i have faith in garde, the man seems to know what hes doing!. beyond that i cant really say much about the game as i didnt hear or see it, well happy for both Clark and Gueye aswell as the whole team, another win to boost the team spirit and confidence!

two wins in a row, its been so long i dont even know how to react :D