Lovre Kalinić

mwj

Looking likely now:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/aston-villa-are-signing-hadjuk-goalie-lovre-kalinic-for-e6-5m-slobodna-dalmacija/

According to Croatian newspaper Slobodna Dalmacija it’s a done deal.

Aston Villa are signing goalie Lovre Kalinic from Hadjuk Split for €6.5m.

The first observation about Kalinic is he’s tall: 6ft 7in.

Villa have been linked to the  25-year-old keeper for some time now, and apparently the clubs have now reached a final agreement.

Slobodna Dalmacija report that Kalinic’s agents are to receive 30% of the transfer fee, with the rest of the money going to the Croatian club.

The players still needs to formalise some work permit paper work before the deal can be announced.

Despite a recent upturn in results, Aston Villa remain rooted to the foot of the Premier League.

With just 12 points from 22 games, Remi Garde’s side looked nailed-on for the drop this season.

The Clarets are back in action tonight when they take on Wycombe Wanders at Villa Park in an FA Cup 3rd round replay.

He parries a lot.. We're going to need our defenders to really be on their game when a big shot comes in. I'm fine with keepers parrying out of play but some of those he parried right back into open play and it concerns me that while he looks a good shot stopper, we may concede goals because Lescott or Okore or anyone back at the time will be flat footed unable to react. All in all though looks a good keeper, can't be any worse than Guzan at this point who is the worst keeper in the Premier League by some margin.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Daweii said:

He parries a lot.. We're going to need our defenders to really be on their game when a big shot comes in. I'm fine with keepers parrying out of play but some of those he parried right back into open play and it concerns me that while he looks a good shot stopper, we may concede goals because Lescott or Okore or anyone back at the time will be flat footed unable to react. All in all though looks a good keeper, can't be any worse than Guzan at this point who is the worst keeper in the Premier League by some margin.

Exactly, thought I was the only one who noticed he was a bit "theatrical" instead of catching most the time, looks like a good shot stopper though. As you said though our defenders will need to not go to sleep as they seem to love doing. That can probably be coached into him though.

TBH I'm just glad we're spending money and that people are willing to join us.  I trust he's good and I hope he does brilliantly for us.  Welcome aboard, Lovre :thumb:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

You could make the same type of video for Guzan and he'd look the same

Yeah I would put absolutely no stock in a youtube video.  But in his defence, while it doesn't prove he's any good, it doesn't prove he's shit either.  It is what it is.  Let's see what he does ITSOTP.

Â