Conference Championship Weekend 2015-16 - Last call for Brady vs Manning

Tegis

17 hours ago, Eames said:

Question is - who should one support? 

I quite like the idea of the Packers or the Chiefs.  

Ace Ventura ruined any chances the Dolphins had. 

New York is too obvious. 

Washington are clearly a bit racist. 

The Browns are shit. 

Anything I have missed? 

Im an Eagles Fan who hasnt been a bad team to support, bit of a rollercoaster, but anyway id also suggest following the Jags.

They are an exiting team to watch atm with a great young offensive who will only get better (but a shit D to improve on with draft and free agents).

They look to be on the up.

And they play in London every year and theres always talk about them moving here, so if you get more into it, you can go watch your team.

Plus the main 2 WRs are both called Allen so its easy to remember. Oh and check pics of the QB Blake Bortles, then look at what year he was born.

My GF now supports the Jags for the above reasons and we are going to the game this year. 

Other than that, L.A Rams?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rhyscartwright_avfc said:

I guessed you were but have to shoot these things down straight away. I'm expecting Malik Jackson to be one of our casualties after Wolfe signed a deal on Friday.

Him and Trevathan to the Giants please!

12 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I find them quite dull. Short passing game isn't especially interesting to watch I don't think.

Cards are one of the best this season to watch, so I'll be supporting them the rest of the way.

Cards as i want Fitz to get a ring, but if New England were to win it would further enhance the legacy of Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning....blah blah blah you know what im saying! ;)

10 hours ago, zak said:

Im an Eagles Fan who hasnt been a bad team to support, bit of a rollercoaster, but anyway id also suggest following the Jags.

They are an exiting team to watch atm with a great young offensive who will only get better (but a shit D to improve on with draft and free agents).

They look to be on the up.

And they play in London every year and theres always talk about them moving here, so if you get more into it, you can go watch your team.

Plus the main 2 WRs are both called Allen so its easy to remember. Oh and check pics of the QB Blake Bortles, then look at what year he was born.

My GF now supports the Jags for the above reasons and we are going to the game this year. 

Other than that, L.A Rams?

The Jaguars won't be moving to London whilst  Shahid Khan is in charge. He is committed to the city for the long haul.

Khan  paid for the worlds largest score board, a swimming pool behind the goal!   and  a new state of the art training ground with an ampitheatre is about to undergo construction.  On the side he is trying to develop the port area too. He loves Jacksonville and the Jaguars fans love him . They arent moving anytime soon.

I find them quite dull. Short passing game isn't especially interesting to watch I don't think.

Cards are one of the best this season to watch, so I'll be supporting them the rest of the way.

Cards as i want Fitz to get a ring, but if New England were to win it would further enhance the legacy of Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning....blah blah blah you know what im saying! [emoji6]

Indeed. I've actually grown to not hate Peyton, but I'd rather he not equal Eli's ring total. Any of the other 3 I'm OK with

14 hours ago, Brumerican said:

The Jaguars won't be moving to London whilst  Shahid Khan is in charge. He is committed to the city for the long haul.

Khan  paid for the worlds largest score board, a swimming pool behind the goal!   and  a new state of the art training ground with an ampitheatre is about to undergo construction.  On the side he is trying to develop the port area too. He loves Jacksonville and the Jaguars fans love him . They arent moving anytime soon.

way to kill a guys dreams......:(

2 hours ago, zak said:

way to kill a guys dreams......:(

Why ?I have been a fan for the best part of a decade and I  would be gutted if they moved. It's an American league at the end of the day. If the UK got a team I would prefer they were an expansion team .

51 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Why ?I have been a fan for the best part of a decade and I  would be gutted if they moved. It's an American league at the end of the day. If the UK got a team I would prefer they were an expansion team .

What do you mean why? Just because its not your dream, doesnt mean it cant be mine.

I would love a team to move/start here. I really hate the way 2 teams will play in London, and their isnt really a home team. Worse bit is when everyone comes in their Brady / Manning (x2) / Brees or other players/teams jersey. Its like Villa Playing Everton in the US and everyone wearing Man U/Liverpool/Cheslea/Man city shirts

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Just like Villa eventually had to win a home game (v Palace), I think Brady's time at Mile High will be this weekend.

Sorry Broncos boys :)

I agree.  If we're to win then Manning will have to put in a performance unlike anything he has done this season, and I can't see that happening.  The only hope is that the occasion will bring one out of him, what with it being his last rodeo.  Although it's not like he's known for turning up for the big occasions either.  Nope, if I was putting money on it then I'd be backing the Patriots.

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

And the fans would have to be taught how to cheer on 3rd downs etc.  A British NFL game is simply not the same thing.  Even if that was to change with an actual franchise, it would no doubt take years.

42 minutes ago, zak said:

What do you mean why? Just because its not your dream, doesnt mean it cant be mine.

I would love a team to move/start here. I really hate the way 2 teams will play in London, and their isnt really a home team. Worse bit is when everyone comes in their Brady / Manning (x2) / Brees or other players/teams jersey. Its like Villa Playing Everton in the US and everyone wearing Man U/Liverpool/Cheslea/Man city shirts

I only asked why because I didn't realise there were still people under the impression that the Jags would be moving . I wasn't having a pop . 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

And the fans would have to be taught how to cheer on 3rd downs etc.  A British NFL game is simply not the same thing.  Even if that was to change with an actual franchise, it would no doubt take years.

On the flipside , if a UK team's fan's brought a soccer mentality to the stadium it would blow the yanks out  of the water . 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Yeah possibly.

Not saying it would definitely be the case but us Europeans generally like  a sing song at the stadium . Over there it's just a general collective shout of "DEEEE ----FENSE" on 3rd downs . Imagine 80,000 at Wembley singing "Who the f*** are Kansas City" live on the telly !!!:D

On 18/01/2016 at 02:53, Eames said:

Question is - who should one support? 

I quite like the idea of the Packers or the Chiefs.  

Ace Ventura ruined any chances the Dolphins had. 

New York is too obvious. 

Washington are clearly a bit racist. 

The Browns are shit. 

Anything I have missed? 

On 18/01/2016 at 03:54, Brumerican said:

Pick a crap team on the up ;)

Go for the Vikings 

I think all signs point to them having a great season next season 

You can beat the bandwagon! 

Â