Pre-Match thread

OutByEaster?

I cannot believe that a weakened team of non-first teamers losing will have any effect on the first team. Judging by his interview, that suggests that he will use players that have not been playing recently, or at least playing very little. If we are relegated, as seems more likely with each match that the teams around us win, it will be no consolation to me to have had a cup run.

no knock on the confidence of players that watch from the bleachers.  I still say rest everybody that started the last 2.  Our chance in the league is thin enough without risking it on tired legs or injuries for this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If we are relegated, as seems more likely with each match that the teams around us win

No I've been assured that it doesn't matter if the teams around us keep winning.  It only matters what we do :thumb: Seemingly only we can get ourselves out of this mess :)

• Like 2

On 18. Januar 2016 at 14:51, Grasshopper said:

Rest as many from current 11

no Guzan

------------------Bunn-------------

Hutton-Richards-Clark-Bennet

---------------Sanchez-------------

------Westwood------Lyden------

Sinclair------------------Grealish

----------------Gestede------------

subs

GK

crespo

richardson (emergency only)

gaby (see Richardson)

Kozak

or whatever youngsters

As Bennet has gone on loan and Sinclair wont be risked if a move to swansea is on.

question - who do we have as possible LB when Cissohko is rested?

Richardson, Crespo (fit?) youngsters?

gaby for Sinclair then

Id actually rather lose this is normal time. We cant take the risk of fatigue if it goes to ET, and i cant be bothered with a pretty pointless game against man city as another game we have to play as, lets be honest, no one would have us down for a shock. 

Rest the players, give a few kids/people we want to put in the shop window a go and see what happens. I havent cared less about a game for a while, almost verging on wanting us to lose. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Id actually rather lose this is normal time. We cant take the risk of fatigue if it goes to ET, and i cant be bothered with a pretty pointless game against man city as another game we have to play as, lets be honest, no one would have us down for a shock. 

Rest the players, give a few kids/people we want to put in the shop window a go and see what happens. I havent cared less about a game for a while, almost verging on wanting us to lose. 

While I agree in all likelihood we would lose in the next round anyway - you never know. City may play a weakened team and we may be full of confidence having had a decent run.

I also think that we are perhaps on the verge of putting together a sequence of positive results for the first time all season, and while a player who's rested may not personally feel responsible for what would ultimately be a 3rd round shock defeat. losing and winning are both infectious, so a win today would just continue the recent positive vibes around the club.

Quite honestly I would be playing our full strength team tonight, other than maybe resting Lescott. Every other player is young enough and fit enough to handle it. If we are 2-0 ahead at half time, bring Ayew and Veretout off for a rest.

2 minutes ago, hycus-flange said:

Just had a sneaky £5er on Wycombe, win win for me tonight :)

Draw 90 mins and we go out in ET/penalties becomes lose lose :P

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

Guzan, Richardson and Clark back :(

Guzan, Richards, Lyden, Clark, Richardson, Westwood, Sanchez, Grealish, Sinclair, Ayew, Gestede.

Good one. Resting the main guys, and see if a side like the above is capable of beating Wycombe.