OutByEaster?

Guzan

Bacuna Richards Clark Bennett 

Sanchez

Lyden         Westwood

Grealish

Gabby        Gestede

Edited by Keyblade

Just win. I fear both the loss of confidence and the backlash from the fans that would come from losing this.

I don't mind a few rotations, but we should be playing a strong side.

• Like 1

It will be our 6th game of the month despite it only being the 19th. I think we'll have to rest some players. We can't afford to have fatigue mess up our league form. We should have enough about our reserves to win, and if not it's whatever. We have bigger fish to fry.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It will be our 6th game of the month despite it only being the 19th. I think we'll have to rest some players. We can't afford to have fatigue mess up our league form. We should have enough about our reserves to win, and if not it's whatever. We have bigger fish to fry.

I just think the confidence we've gained form the last couple of matches could be undone if we go and lose to a League 2 team.

I agree people need to be rested. but we need to make sure we win, imo.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I just think the confidence we've gained form the last couple of matches could be undone if we go and lose to a League 2 team.

I agree people need to be rested. but we need to make sure we win, imo.

I agree. We should try our best to win and play a strong team but at the same time need to plan for the event that we don't. If we lose with our strongest team and they end up fatigued and it messes up our league form, it would be a disaster. But at the same time if we play a weakened team and we lose and we lose confidence which affects our league form that would be bad too. I guess this is where Remi earns his wage. Personally I think the latter is less of a risk and I'd go for that.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I agree with this, and I don't really believe the whole 'a loss will destroy the teams' confidence' idea either. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Richards, Sanchez and Grealish to come in and give 3 players a rest. It needs to be a strong team. 

Richards at right back, Sanchez for Gana, Bacuna for either Veretout or Westwood and Grealish for Gil.

Still seems reasonably strong to me.

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Richards at right back, Sanchez for Gana, Bacuna for either Veretout or Westwood and Grealish for Gil.

Still seems reasonably strong to me.

This - but also give Ayew a rest.  He runs so much we need him fully rested.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Three years ago, we lost to a League 2 team over 2 legs in a Cup semi-final before going on a run that saved our season. Sure, a defeat could hurt us, but it's one of those ideas that looks better in theory than in practice IMO. 

We at least won the home game though.  Losing at home to a league 2 team now would kill us, although we're already clinically dead anyway.

I remain to be convinced, to put it mildly, that 'Group of Players A' losing a cup game to lower-league opposition massively damages the confidence of 'Group of Players B' who didn't play in the match. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I remain to be convinced, to put it mildly, that 'Group of Players A' losing a cup game to lower-league opposition massively damages the confidence of 'Group of Players B' who didn't play in the match. 

Yeah, that's daft but I think people meant if we put out our strongest side and they were beaten it would damage confidence.

I agree that a team comprising of second string players shouldn't damage the confidence of our first choice players.

There's an U21 game at Bodymoor Heath today featuring many of the suggested players:

Our U21s take on a @Lega_B side in a behind-closed-doors match at Bodymoor today. Team news coming up... #AVFC

#AVFCU21 team (v @Lega_B): Sarkic, Webb, Toner, Suliman, Kinsella, Mason, Hale, Calder, Davies, Sellars, Green.

#AVFCU21 subs (v @Lega_B): Idem, Cowans, Leggett, Clark, Hayes.

Edited by fightoffyour