Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Perfomance

13 minutes ago, vandaq said:

Gestede needs a playmate. Works best as he did in the second half. Kozak is not clinical enough. Still have some issues with breaking the final third and bad crosses. Amavi is deeply missed on the left. Ideally had someone else on the right as it's usually not good enough. Good performance all in all but too little when it comes to the big picture.

I hear the whole castle is for sale.

• Like 4

Some fight in the boys at last but still very little quality.

Watched it on the box and I have to ask why was Vardy not flagged for offside from the goal kick for their goal?  Is that a rule not offside from a goal kick? Looked at least 3 yards off.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

WTF is he making a sub with 45 seconds left when chasing a win?

30 seconds added by ref to min 5 minutes?

Garde was fine today for me, woke them up at half time and they looked lost before that. 

If we show the kind of commitment we have now showed for 135 mins of the last 180 then we will at least go down fighting. which to be fair is all we asked for when Garde came in.

Best game for Gana for me, he was immense in the second half, westwood showing some good touches too. 4 points from 2 games! 

6 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Some fight in the boys at last but still very little quality.

Watched it on the box and I have to ask why was Vardy not flagged for offside from the goal kick for their goal?  Is that a rule not offside from a goal kick? Looked at least 3 yards off.

It's not offside...

No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

• a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick  

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside.aspx

• Like 1

Fought hard in the second half but lack of quality up front was the problem.

I know I'm swimming against the tide but I think Gestede could be our saving. Just need to set up the team to get decent chances to him.

Also I would stick with Bunn in goal. His penalty save kept us in the game today.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chewie said:

It's not offside...

No offence

• a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick  

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside.aspx

If there's one thing I learned today, it's that your typical football fan has no **** clue about the laws of the game.

• Like 1

We have just taken 4 points off 2 teams with extremely good away records (Leicester just got a cup draw and a league win at spuds remember). We are bottom of the league and underdogs in every game at the moment so we are not doing too bad. Maybe we will go down and maybe we won't but as long as we battle to the end I will be happy.

• Like 2

In the space of 5 days we have gained 4 points, a third of our season's total. We have to take this and  keep pressing for more.

Good to see Kozak and Gestede on together. This  combination has potential for more goals than we have seen  so far..

Still lack a cutting  edge from midfield needed to provide strikers service and unlock defences  like  Leicester's.

Garde has been trying a few things and the team  will only play better as their confidence builds.

Physical players like Huth show us that we are lightweight in our midfield and wherever we are playing next season we need some physical aggression because there is no doubt that to survive teams need a  measure of skill backed up with  some beef to avoid being  hustled off the ball.

Okore and Bunn were solid at the back. Okazaki's goal highlighted the kind of errors that we have to eliminate to avoid  gifting goals to fast predatory teams. Bunn's penalty save was a just reward for a doubtful  PK in the first place.

All is not lost. We managed 4 points  from  teams in the  Top  8 of the table all in one week. A long way to go but not an impossibility on this week's performance.

• Like 3

Shit first half, much improved second.

Once again I find myself ranting at the inept referee...he was **** abysmal. If Cissokho's "handball" was a penalty (it shouldn't have been) then why wasn't the handball by their player later on also a penalty?

Why wasn't Huth sent off? Why didn't we get a penalty for Kozak getting smacked in the head? The person who votes the referee "very good" on here every week, and he's usually the only one, is a bit of a plank.

Impressed with Bunn, Cissokho and Ayew, and Gestede when he came on. Kozak is also a better target man even if he doesn't score.

Quite liked Leicester doing well before today, but that word removed Vardy can **** right off and die for all I care, what a piece of shit.

Huth can go swimming in lead boots with him too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Our set piece delivery is shocking, that free kick in the 93rd minute, everyone up and a chance to win the game doesn't beat the first man.

we can say we need a striker, I think the problems are deeper, we don't have midfielders making runs, it's just pass pass pass and hoof in the general direction of Kozak for most of the game, until we start running in behind teams and getting into the box a striker like loic remy will be useless to us, imo

Veretout had a real off night in that respect, his set pieces are usually bang on the money as it was for the Palace goal (if it was him taking the corner instead of Gil).

• Like 1

It's not offside...

No offence

• a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick  

If there's one thing I learned today, it's that your typical football fan has no **** clue about the laws of the game.

And don't we all know it.