Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Perfomance

Decent game and a fair result, we desperately need more pace in the team.  I thought the midfield was cack and was dissapointed with Veretout, not that he was any worse than the other midfielders but because he is the one who makes things happen for us and he didn't get it going today.  Lescott is a clogger and it's fairly evident that he is going to be either shit or solid and no in between, let him head off to the Galaxy and replace with the Sane guy or someone who is capable of some consistency. Kozak should of scored and probably should of had a peno and well done to Gestede for the goal.

That veretout free kick at the death that hit the first man. 

He can **** right off for that.

ive never seen a worse passing performance from a team than tonight. It was incredibly poor. Good result in isolation but a draw is another nail in the relegation coffin.

leicester were wank. How are they top with kick and rush football?

It was a good game to watch but my god was it scrappy. Leicester showed today they aren't very good, they are just prepared to put more effort in than any other team in the league. If we could get a striker like Remy then I think we could have a chance. 

Gestede needs a playmate. Works best as he did in the second half. Kozak is not clinical enough. Still have some issues with breaking the final third and bad crosses. Amavi is deeply missed on the left. Ideally had someone else on the right as it's usually not good enough. Good performance all in all but too little when it comes to the big picture.

• Like 1

Bit poor 1st half, better 2nd. Pleased with continued effort and happy enough with a point. Really like Vertout but his final balls were a bit poor today. Kozak worked hard but we so badly need a replacement up top in his position. Overall a good point and unbeaten in 2!

2 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

That veretout free kick at the death that hit the first man. 

He can **** right off for that.

ive never seen a worse passing performance from a team than tonight. It was incredibly poor. Good result in isolation but a draw is another nail in the relegation coffin.

lol Leicester are a great team tbf, they didn't give us an inch first half and have put in serious performances all seasons, wise up

Very different from a week ago, nice to see he went with Gestede and Kozak up front. Hopefully the players will now understand what VP can be like when they are having a go and irrespective of the results until May at least going to the Villa will be a better experience than it has been in recent times. 

Negatives, Lescott giving up for their goal, but most of all, the officials, I still remember Darren Cann ruining the game against WBA for getting Herd sent off and a penalty against us - if he was able to run the line in a WC final I wonder what quality the rest must be like.

I don't normally hammer the ref but he was poor.  Probably balanced out in the end though.  It was a really bad midfield performance, a lot must be down to Leicester's performance though who are highly organised and quick to everything.  Anyway, another point which is what counts.

I feel so much more confident having Bunn in goal. Great save from Vardy's effort, and he was so close to keeping out the goal. Not sure how much he knew about the penalty save, but fair play. I forgot what it was like to have a confident goalkeeper. If Bunn keeps it up, I don't want to see Guzan play again.

On the topic of people I don't want to see play again, **** off the the MLS Lescott. So **** lazy and slow, the useless prick has cost us so many points, just jogging around watching the ball. If that's the effort he puts in when playing for his childhood club, I don't know what to say.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

Watch Leicester play in any game this season.

Teams always struggle to pass against them. It's how they play. They let the other team have the ball, are extremely organised and aggressive, and give you now space.

It's no surprise we struggled to pass around them, and is a major reason why garde went direct I would imagine.

• Like 1

Our set piece delivery is shocking, that free kick in the 93rd minute, everyone up and a chance to win the game doesn't beat the first man.

we can say we need a striker, I think the problems are deeper, we don't have midfielders making runs, it's just pass pass pass and hoof in the general direction of Kozak for most of the game, until we start running in behind teams and getting into the box a striker like loic remy will be useless to us, imo

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not bad result or performance in isolation.

In our predicament the result doesn't look amazing though.

Exactly where I am. Its not the worst result in the world when you consider the season Leicester are having, but we really need wins. 

Its been said by nearly every poster in nearly every thread, but my God what a difference a good striker could make to this team. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Exactly where I am. Its not the worst result in the world when you consider the season Leicester are having, but we really need wins. 

Its been said by nearly every poster in nearly every thread, but my God what a difference a good striker could make to this team. 

That and improving our delivery into the box. It's so poor most of the time.