Weekends football 15/17 Jan

andykeenan

If a certain result is beneficial to our season, in a fixture in which we're not playing, then I hope that result comes to fruition. All teams find themselves in that position whether they're bottom or top of the league. There's no shame in it.

• Like 1

We are in the position we are in because we have only won two matches all season, other teams in the league are getting on with their season and getting more typical results.

You can't stay up just by hoping for other results to go 'our way'. The only way we can stay up is if we get our points total into the high 30's but that would take a remarkable turnaround in form.  

• Like 3

I realise we're the reason we're in this position but if you don't think that 17th placed slipping up to a high flying Watford would be helpful or welcome then there are maths classes available online :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I realise we're the reason we're in this position but if you don't think that 17th placed slipping up to a high flying Watford would be helpful or welcome then there are maths classes available online :)

It's hardly an upset though, Swansea are at home to a newly promoted team. If we need to rely on three teams being so bad that they can't win those type of home games than we don't deserve to be in this league. 

I never said anything about an upset. Just to put the goalposts back in their original place ... Results aren't going in our favour. Nothing more and nothing less.

In  my view, our only hope for a while has been that one (or preferably two) of the teams hovering above 18th go on a disastrously bad run and create a bit of space for any improvement we can muster to have an impact on our league position.

Swansea were one of the main candidates for this sort of decline but it isn't happening.

5 hours ago, briny_ear said:

In  my view, our only hope for a while has been that one (or preferably two) of the teams hovering above 18th go on a disastrously bad run and create a bit of space for any improvement we can muster to have an impact on our league position.

Swansea were one of the main candidates for this sort of decline but it isn't happening.

Because of 1 result? They can still go on a bad run.

Â