Weekends football 15/17 Jan

andykeenan

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Klopp again cost Liverpool today, much the better team and a striker would have won them the game

I have to agree.

I'm also staggered by the amount of hate Benteke gets from Liverpool fans. What was he honestly supposed to do in five minutes? His performances will only get worse now the manager has no confidence in him.

Can't see him there in the summer.

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

I have to agree.

I'm also staggered by the amount of hate Benteke gets from Liverpool fans. What was he honestly supposed to do in five minutes? His performances will only get worse now the manager has no confidence in him.

Can't see him there in the summer.

throwing on Caulker was just as bad, like that time Pearce threw David James up front

There was a stat going round on Twitter earlier from Opta saying that Manchester United had scored with every shot on target they have had against Liverpool this season. 

As I predicted in the summer Liverpool are so damm average in central midfield...Lucas, Milner, Henderson, hardworkers but none of them can thread a pass through for the forwards, Can is decent but no world better. Lallana flatters to deceive so often, don't get the fuss over him at all.

They need a lot of surgery in that area, interested to see what Klopp does, maybe get someone like Gundogen? 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

As I predicted in the summer Liverpool are so damm average in central midfield...Lucas, Milner, Henderson, hardworkers but none of them can thread a pass through for the forwards, Can is decent but no world better. Lallana flatters to deceive so often, don't get the fuss over him at all.

They need a lot of surgery in that area, interested to see what Klopp does, maybe get someone like Gundogen? 

Coutinho can provide the creativity, I think his injury has cost Liverpool dear. 

Edited by LondonLax

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes sickening

I agree but the problem they have rightly or wrongly is that yes it was a bad injury but these things happen, Shawcross apologied which Ramsey didn't want to accept and now it keeps on getting brought up every year before this game in the press which drags Stoke's name through the mud. That's their angle anyway but yes the chanting is completely OTT.

Probably dosen't help that Shawcross never gets called up to the England squad despite being one of the most consistant English CBs over the last 5 years and was excellent again today.

I was just finishing Uni up there (Keele) in 2010 when that game happened so I got the local reaction at the time.

I believe a few days after the game Shawcross and Pulis tried to contact Arsenal to apologise formally and to get in touch with Ramsey but he didn't want to know and then Ramsey came out and admitted it in the press. Another problem is at that time there was a lot of bad blood between Pulis and Wenger.

I do agree to the outsider it looks very bemusing and bitter but that's their reasoning for it.

The ironic thing is that Shawcross can still qualify and play for Wales at Euro 2016, that would be very amusing but he has no interest in playing for them.

Â