Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

I saw a list a few pages back where all the chairmen weren't from a football background except Levy. Levy is probably the best chairman at the minute.

I'm not against this guy at all the fact he's charged with running the club looks good as the Lerner alternative of less is more is obviously not working. However I'd like a director of football in someone like houllier to support Remi and have a bit of footballing knowledge aside from the manager with the ear of the board.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Doesn't the fact that lerner has, with this appointment, I assume pretty much washed his hands of any decision making in how the club is run bode well then?

Absolutely this. It is what he has said he wants to do, and if we believe Lerner is a poor owner, this appointment could be a positive.

Good shout regarding Houlilier. Shame he had to go due to insurance reasons. I wonder where we would be nice if he stayed. Tbh I really couldn't care who the chairman is as long as he is quiet & efficient. Thats all I expect. 

Spotted this on Twitter. Don't know anything more than the information given, but I think if this is happening, it's a step in the right direction. 

The last #avfc boss to win a trophy could be set to join the club's board. So could a former Bank of England chief.

CYtJ6SCWcAAfFQ2.png

• Like 4

Gutted all this didn't happen in the summer ! If little comes onboard I'm sure some peeps will find something to complain about, even though he is one of those mythical football people. 

Make it happen Randy ! Plus a striker please. 

Don't know anything about Hollis .Will give him a chance but what worries me is that Lerner has prob got every appointment wrong he has had to make so far,they have all been disasters waiting to happen,hope this one is different but wouldn't my breath.

Oh right. I guess that's that then.

UF1vQAB.gif

Sorry, would you like to let me know what opinion I should have? You're not worth a warning point for what I am thinking about you.

Calm down pal, I didn't say you were wrong. Just posting a gif about how a lot of us are feeling.

• Like 2

I think this should have happened a long time ago. Lerner has never got to grips with being the club chairman and his direction for the club has been woeful from the very beginning. He might want the fun of spending his fathers money by owning a football club but he should have appointed someone more qualified from the start and limited his role to signing the cheques.  

18 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Don't know anything about Hollis .Will give him a chance but what worries me is that Lerner has prob got every appointment wrong he has had to make so far,they have all been disasters waiting to happen,hope this one is different but wouldn't my breath.

If we agree that the majority of Lerner's decisions have been poor, hiring someone to make those dates decisions for him could be seen as a positive thing. 

10 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Pointless appointment, All we need is a manager that can manage and an owner to fund him.

That worked for us for three seasons until the owner stopped funding and the manager got pissed off and walked. Since then we've needed someone in the role of Chairman that actually runs the club. The way we did things post-MON was almost like taking your hands off the wheel in a car and hoping for the best.. We've been a rudderless ship for a long time and it's amazing really that it's taken like 6 years post-MON to finally be in a situation where we can safely say we're screwed.. So yeah we kinda need this or at least need to give this hands on chairman thing a try.. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daweii said:

That worked for us for three seasons until the owner stopped funding and the manager got pissed off and walked. Since then we've needed someone in the role of Chairman that actually runs the club. The way we did things post-MON was almost like taking your hands off the wheel in a car and hoping for the best.. We've been a rudderless ship for a long time and it's amazing really that it's taken like 6 years post-MON to finally be in a situation where we can safely say we're screwed.. So yeah we kinda need this or at least need to give this hands on chairman thing a try.. 

Yeah like i said, All we need is a manager that can manage and an owner to fund him

Â