Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

So Randy cannot sell the club so plan b is to run it as a business with as little input (financial or otherwise) from him until he can find someone who will meet his valuation.

Sorry Randy but you are not a Custodian of our club, you are a charlatan who is going to dismantle our proud name brick by brick.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Or maybe Steve Hollis couldnt announce it earlier for some reason.  There isn't always a conspiracy you know

more than likely, at that kind of level he wont be handing in his notice friday afternoon and starting a new job monday, his comments did make it sound like he was on gardening leave or something looking for work

cant work out if this KPMG thing is good or not, on one hand i bet he's got an impressive rolodex full of potential investors, on the other i cant quite work out what he actually did there, SSN saying chairman of the midlands branch, i think in terms of the structure of a company that big that doesnt actually mean that much... i think they have 18 offices in the UK alone, what was he actually in charge of?

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Funnily enough, the sentence that resonated most when I read it was "money no longer buys success".

That wonderfully twisted and oft-trotted out logic that manipulates the fool into thinking you can succeed without it.

Money doesn't GUARANTEE success.  But you are all-but guaranteed to fail without it.

"money no longer buys success".

Its bought UTD, CITY and Chelsea plenty the past 20 years.  So much so that the ones who didnt spend what they did havent won the league in that period. 

Really dont understand that statement.  Its really the only thing that buys success these days.

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

I know we are all very suspicious and this has built up as our club has disintegrated before our eyes.  It has made us all very cynical.  But it is not until you take a step back and read the comments of fans on here with a little bit of distance,  that you realise how cynical we have become and just how much we like a conspiracy.

I feel like waving my hand in an Obi Wan way and saying "these are not the droids you are looking for".  I think we have issues but seriously people are focusing on the wrong stuff.

We're hiring people with little knowledge of the sport/club, whilst firing our most experienced staff who know the club inside out and have spent 8+ years here. A shake-up was needed to a degree but what is happening behind the scenes is the complete turnaround of a football club into a "viable business for Randy Lerner" and I'm afraid it isn't going to end very well for us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Nobody really does, which is why I always find it strange that we have so many experts. 

I don't find him affable and inspiring in the same way I did Fox, but then everyone tells me Fox is shit at his job (without really knowing what that is). 

I just wish we had a football man, at some level, working with/for the manager. 

The role of a Chairman & board of directors is very clear.

The CEO runs the day to day. The Chairman & Board hire/fire the CEO.

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

Funnily enough, the sentence that resonated most when I read it was "money no longer buys success".

That wonderfully twisted and oft-trotted out logic that manipulates the fool into thinking you can succeed without it.

Money doesn't GUARANTEE success.  But you are all-but guaranteed to fail without it.

That's the bit that worries me.

The rest of it is so much blah blah blah.

The guy has, from what we can see on Google, a lot of business experience, after that none of know diddly squatt about his role or anything, but we never did when we won the League either.

So they can get on with that bit however they fancy as far as I'm concerned, unless and until things happen to cause concern.

I don't like the implied naivety (or deliberate cop out) of the money bit though. Is like to see them pressed on exactly how they see that. Yes, there is much more to it than money, but without money you can forget it.

27 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So Randy cannot sell the club so plan b is to run it as a business with as little input (financial or otherwise) from him until he can find someone who will meet his valuation.

Sorry Randy but you are not a Custodian of our club, you are a charlatan who is going to dismantle our proud name brick by brick.

What a load of overly sentimental bobbins. 

The "proud name" of Aston Villa has got bugger all to do with league position, ownership, net spend, "real football people" of any of the other tripe expelled from the mouths of bed wetting hand wringers at times like this. 

We've been relegated before - we were still Aston Villa. Strap on a pair. 

• Like 4

I agree it seems like a diversionary tactic to me, if he's already been here since November that says to me nothing will change that hasn't already it just is a way of deflecting attention and buying time on Randy's part by the looks of it. What concerns me is the sneakily hidden "You can't buy success any more in the Premier League" comment which is another way of saying, "Randy won't be spending any money to get us out of this" or am i missing something?

Edit: Just realised very similar to what you posted BOF lol!

Edited by danceoftheshamen
Update

9 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I agree it seems like a diversionary tactic to me, if he's already been here since November that says to me nothing will change that hasn't already it just is a way of deflecting attention and buying time on Randy's part by the looks of it. What concerns me is the sneakily hidden "You can't buy success any more in the Premier League" comment which is another way of saying, "Randy won't be spending any money to get us out of this" or am i missing something?

Edit: Just realised very similar to what you posted BOF lol!

I read it as

"we've put enough money in to not be getting relegated, yet we still **** it all up."

Which I can't really disagree with. I'd like more investment, but I think we've spent enough to not be bottom of the league. Things behind the scenes clearly aren't (or at least weren't) working. 

This guy has been brought in to fix that.

Whether he will or not is a whole other question. But none of us have the foggiest idea of whether he can or can't do it, so I find all the pant wetting quite hilarious to be honest.

• Like 1

Â