Lamine Sané

samjp26

8 hours ago, KSV said:

DailyMail reckon were still trying to do the deal for him and the Kalinic and Debuchy on loan.

I'm happy that we appear to be trying to sort the defence out, but I hope we are looking at attacking players too. Garde mentioned Loic Remy a few weeks ago but havent really seen anything since then.

Completely off now, our decision, apparently we've decided to only focus on a striker/goalkeeper. Guess this is what Garde meant in his presser about him advising on what he needs/wants but in the end it isn't his decision.

10 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Completely off now, our decision, apparently we've decided to only focus on a striker/goalkeeper. Guess this is what Garde meant in his presser about him advising on what he needs/wants but in the end it isn't his decision.

That's very subtly different to what Garde actually said.

He said in the end it wasn't his decision on how much money was spent.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

That's very subtly different to what Garde actually said.

He said in the end it wasn't his decision on how much money was spent.

Well yeah, I mean it in the sense of him saying "hey I want Lamine Sane", but the club says "thats great and we've enquired, touched base, however they want around £5m and we aren't prepared to spend that much."

Just now, samjp26 said:

Well yeah, I mean it in the sense of him saying "hey I want Lamine Sane", but the club says "thats great and we've enquired, touched base, however they want around £5m and we aren't prepared to spend that much."

Ok. I read your post to mean that other people were deciding for him which positions he could and couldn't have, as opposed to just talking about money.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Ok. I read your post to mean that other people were deciding for him which positions he could and couldn't have, as opposed to just talking about money.

Sorry I can understand why it would seem like that now I read it back, but no, I agree with your notion however probably a bit of both as in we are only prepared to fund two transfers with the other positions seemingly more important.

16 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Sorry I can understand why it would seem like that now I read it back, but no, I agree with your notion however probably a bit of both as in we are only prepared to fund two transfers with the other positions seemingly more important.

Yeah absolutely.

I imagine he's told stuff like "we can only afford tow out of three of those players" or "You only have x amount to spend so you can't ahve all three of those, one has to be a cheaper alternative".

I don't think he's directly being told which players he can and can't have. I think we're in agreement there.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DK82 said:

The original comment was about not being prepared to spend 5m... Not anything about a work permit.

Well you said losing out on targets was apparently what happened under Lambert and I was just saying that the reason why we lost out on one of our targets (and he clearly was first choice) was because of something out of the club's control.

I also don't buy this idea that if the club had done their research they would've known Kalinic wouldn't have got a work permit.

Just now, Mantis said:

Well you said losing out on targets was apparently what happened under Lambert and I was just saying that the reason why we lost out on one of our targets (and he clearly was first choice) was because of something out of the club's control.

I also don't buy this idea that if the club had done their research they would've known Kalinic wouldn't have got a work permit.

But this isn't the Kalinic thread and the comment was about funding. 

Just now, Mantis said:

I know, but I got the impression you were hinting at Kalinic as well as Sane.

No, I mentioned that Lambert missed out on targets. Not Garde. In reply to a comment about the possibility that we might not want to spend on Lane.

Â