Things To Be Positive About

alreadyexists

There has been so much negativity around us this season, for so many valid reasons with which we're all painfully familiar, but I thought it might be good to try and balance that with what we have to be positive about. Just a bit of fun really, but after our first home win, why not let ourselves feel positive (even just a tiny bit!)?

We are Aston Villa after all, the greatest football club in the world, and the team with the best name in the world. We have a great ground which I love, and even objectively is very nice. Seasons are good and bad, and they come and go, but our club will always be Aston Villa.

So, I'll start; I think we've got a got a decent player in Jordan Ayew, it's a small positive, but that's all we need. Your turn...

If we somehow manage to stay up, we can really build a good side using our core of actually pretty good players like Ayew, Veretout, Amavi, Okore, Gana, Gil, Traore (most of whom are summer signings, so maybe The Committee™ wasn't all that bad).

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

If we somehow manage to stay up, we can really build a good side using our core of actually pretty good players like Ayew, Veretout, Amavi, Okore, Gana, Gil, Traore (most of whom are summer signings, so maybe The Committee™ wasn't all that bad).

I've always said the problem with our signings aren't so much the players we signed, more the players we didn't, if that makes sense.

Even though I was against it in the past, a new goalkeeper would have made a difference. Add to that a good striker and a(nother?) commanding centreback and that might have been all we needed.

Identifying what we needed seems to have been more of a problem.

Most of what we bought seem to be good, or at least have potential.

• Like 1

Sorry but I'm still struggling to see any positives coming out of AVFC. Yes we won a game but the club is still an absoloute shambles. We are likely to lose Veretout and Ayew in the summer anyway

Edited by Arj Guy

It may sound silly, but looking at the table it makes a difference psychologically to be into double figures, pointswise. Players have found what it takes to win. They've seen by battling hard and fighting for the cause that sometimes you get to earn that little bit of luck that can be the difference between winning and losing.

Being on double figures no longer makes us look like we're hopelessly cut adrift, even if we are still rock bottom. Hopefully it gives the team that bit of belief that was so badly missing. If it does then anything can happen. If it's too late to save our season, it's definitely not too late to save a bit of dignity.

1 Remi Garde

2 Clean sheet for Bunn & defence

3 no Richards/on

4 Cissohko

5 Gana + Vertout

6 Gil, Ayew & Kozak

7 no Nzog Gaby or Sinclair

8 Grealish out of the firing line (watch & learn - you're not a star yet)

9 3 points at home

10 The Fans - the 12th & 13th man

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Sorry but I'm still struggling to see any positives coming out of AVFC. Yes we won a game but the club is still an absoloute shambles. We are likely to lose Veretout and Ayew in the summer anyway

That's the spirit :)

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

The way I see it the biggest positive is a lot of the players in the squad who are being written off as 'not good enough for the premier league'  actually have a lot of quality. I'm talking about Gueye, Bacuna, Cissokho, Westwood, Kozak, Clark, Guzan and Hutton. 

We also have some genuine stars of the future in Gil, Traore and Amavi. 

If we continue to play a team which makes sense and give the players who deserve it an opportunity I'm sure the morale will improve and so will the performances. 

Edited by Michael118

A win and a clean sheet is good

Kozak much better than Gestede (watch us sell him this week!)

Gueye actually turned up

No Richardson, no Hutton, no Sanchez, no Sinclair, no Gestede, no Grealish

On the downside, defence had a couple of stupid moments and we let Gary Gardner go

Maybe we can knick something against Leicester and you never know.......

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

The way I see it the biggest positive is a lot of the players in the squad who are being written off as 'not good enough for the premier league'  actually have a lot of quality. I'm talking about Gueye, Bacuna, Cissokho, Westwood, Kozak, Guzan and Hutton. 

We also have some genuine stars of the future in Gil, Traore and Amavi. 

If we continue to play a team which makes sense and give the players who deserve it an opportunity I'm sure the morale will improve and so will the performances. 

Guzan, Hutton and Westwood have a lot of quality?! :crylaugh:

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

They are all good enough for a lower to mid table premier league team

They're not. Guzan is the worst GK in the league and Westwood and Hutton would struggle to get into any other PL team

5 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

They're not. Guzan is the worst GK in the league and Westwood and Hutton would struggle to get into any other PL team

I think you may have misread the title of this thread :D

• Like 2