Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Apart from the glaring defensive horrorshow straight out the gate we actually looked organised at the back for the whole game. loads of hard yards put in, passion, lots of things which had been only seen in some players some of the time were on display from all of them for 90 mins.

Ayew had another great game, Garde must take a lot of credit for seemingly being a cool head when All around him are losing theirs. 

We are still down but hopefully Garde can now start getting some results.

• Like 1

Not in any way suggesting that we're nothing but doomed this season, but:

If we'd beaten Sunderland we'd actually be above them in the table by now, only five points away from Swansea in 17th.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

50 quid on the villa West ham dble at 12/1

Get the **** **** in.

Couldn't give a shit about the 3 points

Are you nuts????

I wouldnt bet on that now!

• Like 2

Cant believe more hasnt been said about Lescott tonight, thought he was fantastic even without the 'goal'!

He was constantly oganising all through the game and led that defensive line like a captain should.

Mr Richards take note!

• Like 2

Reminded me why I love watching football.    Struggling to think who I thought was MoM so many contenders..  Was surprised to see Lescot as captain but thought he took on that role brilliantly keeping the team organised.  They played as a team   individuals were visibly frustrated with themselves on occasion but not with each other.  They kept their shape and did not have have players getting way out of position as they tried to   win the game single handedly.

Loved the players throwing there shirts into the crowd at the end, how ever much that wins means to us as fans it means more to those players.

I started singing "empty seats m'lord, empty seats" in my head at the start but soon forgot about the crowd as I thought the performance was much improved, hell I actually enjoyed watching Villa!!!

One swallow does not make a summer but finally we may have found a way to play or to at least compete.

I can't help but feel what if, if only we hadn't brought Gestede as our main forward.

Had to work tonight

phone off was torture. Somehow I had a feeling after seeing the line up

only got to see sky highlights but my oh my what a difference.

I'm away for the weekend but I'm gonna arrange working hours to get to watch the game. Good that I'm the Boss. " now work you F**kers while I watch the game"

Great match. A number of great performances but I think i'd have to maybe give Motm to ayew. He runs the whole match and just pops up everywhere. I would really like him to be our captain. If he scored that goal towards the end it would have been something incredible. 

Lescott, Cissokho, gana were also really good. Infact the whole team was great. Kozak although had some poor touches he actually made some great runs. It really shows you how terrible gestede is and how we are so limited in how we play when hes unfront. I'm sure if kozak gets a few more starts he will get himself a goal.

One of the things that impressed me the most was the number of tackles we made. I've never seen us win so many 50/50 balls before. Top stuff.

• Like 3