Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

1 minute ago, YGabbana said:

Watched the last half hour and thought Lescott and Okore were brilliant. I just hope Garde keeps the back 4 the same now unless we get a new RB in. Leave Guzan Hutton Richards out and build on that clean sheet.

I think Richards might come back in, but only at fullback.

I think given Okore and Lescott's partnership during Richards' injury and tonight, along with Richards' poor performance since coming back, they might have cemented their places.

A deserved win! Cissokho was brilliant, where has he been? All the back four were good. Gana had a great first half, Ayew was always a threat. Nice to see Kozak, did more in the first 5 minutes than any other striker (bar Ayew) has done all season.

4 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Doubt many teams would have beat us tonight.

When you've hit rock bottom and are literally fighting for your lives it will often bring out stuff like that.

We were 100% determined to win that no matter what the intensity level was incredibley high.

Hard to pick a MOTM every player was great....Gana didn't give them a minute.

Agreed. Excellent performance from Gana and I'd probably go with him for MOtM.

Gumgate did the trick the kick up the backside they needed, actually resembled a team tonight and looked like they cared. We got lucky they were just big lumps and scott dan was desperate for the goal and even worse up front. When you are drowning sometimes you need to fight back .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh, did anyone else absolutely lose their shit when the ball nearly fell to Dann at the end?

Shut my eyes and waited for the bullet to hit me. It didn't.

• Like 1

had to watch over net at work this week.. Great performance, grit determination, hard work, they didn't want to let it go ; that's all we wanted.

A big shout out to the fans there tonight. ..sounded great on the tv especially after all the calls for a boycott..good work ..

if if we can ALL keep that up maybe..just maybe.....