Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

our defence looked solid for once. Bunn didn't have to do much

big cheers for Kozak, he worked hard and shouldn't be dropped/sold/loaned

Let's hope they can all produce this kind of performance again agains Leicester.

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Brilliant performance. Too little too late?

Veretout, Ayew and Gana were fantastic.

What? We go up above Crystal Palace in the table don't we? Because we beat them. I haven't seen an updated table yet, but that should see us into 7th spot? And you all thought we were getting relegated. Guess I was right all along.

• Like 1

I've been dying to say this ages to the first team that loses to us and breaks our duck

MUHAHAHAHATROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLLLLLCOPTOR!!!! How crap must Crystal Palace be to lose to us how embarrassing for them

That felt so good....

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Best overall 90 min performance of the season and a deserved win. Kozak, though probably not the best player on the pitch, really deserves a special mention for how freaking hard he worked for the team. 

It won't save our season but let's at least hope this is the start of a more enjoyable period. 

What a game of football, I wasn't expecting to see a game like that this season and at long last Remi has all 11 players singing off the same Hymn Sheet.

If we can carry this very fragile confidence into the next game the only way is up!

Kozak needed 90 minutes and came close to scoring, imagine what he will be like with another 2 or 3 games under his belt.

Great Team performance and at last we've found our voice and are starting to fight like lions! UTV Villa til i die

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Wow! Exceptional endeavour and energy. All we now is goals.

But take a moment to check out our subs bench - dear oh dear, that is why we are where we are as a club.

well with injuries for Grealish, Gabby, Adama, Amavi, Hutton, Sanchez,... you can expect a few crappy players on the bench

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I've been dying to say this ages to the first team that loses to us and breaks our duck

MUHAHAHAHATROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLLLLLCOPTOR!!!! How crap must Crystal Palace be to lose to us how embarrassing for them

That felt so good....

Super Villa go ballistic, Palace are atrocious! 

• Like 2

Team work, effort, and passion. I can take relegation, if we play like that. A bit of fight at last! 

Ayew MOTM, with big love to Gana, Lescott, Kozak and Gil. 

Keep playing like that, and those bastards are going to make me start believing again.

Doubt many teams would have beat us tonight.

When you've hit rock bottom and are literally fighting for your lives it will often bring out stuff like that.

We were 100% determined to win that no matter what the intensity level was incredibley high.

Hard to pick a MOTM every player was great....Gana didn't give them a minute.

• Like 2

Exactly what we have been crying out for all season. Commitment, energy, desire! The quality wasn't there at times but we made up for it by trying. We defended excellently from the front. Jordan Ayew was superb and also Libor considering his lack of game time. 

If we can play like this for the rest of the season then we can win more games for sure! Who knows! Dreaming of the great escape!! 

Decided at 5pm to go after all and I'm glad I did now! Atmosphere in the second half particularly was upbeat and it even verged on exciting at times! I still think we're down but lets hope this gives us a boost and some much needed confidence. Also nice to see the players showing a bit of emotion at the end.