Midweek football 12/13 Jan

andykeenan

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool actually look better team without Coutinho, maybe they rely on him too much that other players never do much when he plays

The Suarez effect, except Suarez was good enough to carry the whole team and Coutinho struggles once it's more than 4 or 5.

Manchester City and Arsenal dropping points, Manchester United drawing last night too. Huge midweek for Leicester.  They will be well up for it against us, Champions League is very much on for them this season. 

Edited by The_Rev

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Leicester pick up a win at Spurs right before we play them. I was hoping they would continue to struggle. They really haven't been scoring in the past 4-5 games. 

I see this as a good thing as I judge our hope on winning on whether the team we are playing are on a poor run. If Leicester needed a win to get out of a slump they would have got it against us. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I see this as a good thing as I judge our hope on winning on whether the team we are playing are on a poor run. If Leicester needed a win to get out of a slump they would have got it against us. 

When you say poor run, they have actually only lost one game during their toughest run of fixtures. To be level top at this stage is amazing for them. Our chances are better since beating Palace but they are a very resilient team.

16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Today's results have dragged a few teams into this.

We are probably going down but i'm not sure it will be the current bottom three come the end of the season.

(Besides us)

I agree Sam will pull Sunderland away from this . Maybe Swansea will drop down with us

Liverpool-Arsenal was the best game I've seen this season, fantastic watch from first minute to last.

Think Arsenal made an error taking Walcott and Ozil off, they could've pinched another on the break at 2-3.

They'll be disappointed not to win but would've taken that at the start if it mean Man. City dropping two points.

Giroud though....on course for 30 goals this season. He has to be underrated if he does that surely, exceptional finish for the third goal. I might be going in full gharperr mode here but why do people just assume someone like Benzema would score 40 goals a season at Arsenal if Giroud is capable of 30?

• Like 2

They were on their asses for the last 30 minutes, only 1 team in it and I think a better team might have got the equaliser earlier and been able to push on

Chamberlain has plateaued at just an ok squad player for them, Gibbs isn't a great left back let alone left winger, arteta is past it

To be fair to them they've done really well through the injuries and is a draw at anfield on paper really that bad a result? Probably not but I think tonight was a night where they suffered with who's missing, needed someone in the middle to put their foot on the ball and kill the game

Â