Plea To Get Behind The Team

Butterfingers

The team has demonstrated an incredible lack of quality and at various points an astonishing lack of effort, fight and heart. They really are not deserving of the support they have already received this season, so I don't think a plea to get behind them is particularly justified as things stand. To make it justifiable we need to see results and more desire on the pitch I'm afraid.

• Like 2

Not that I think the players should be absolved of blame but I really do believe that the fans should do their very best to create a positive atmosphere at VP. It couldn't hurt, could it? 

• Like 1

Given the tripe served up over the last handful of years I think the fans have in the main shown patience and the support has been very good. Over recent seasons we have struggled but never been cut adrift and in those circumstances in crucial games the supporters have turned out in big numbers and got right behind the players. However all hope has gone now and there is nothing to get behind. All too often this season too many of the players have not put a shift in and that is unforgivable.

I'll be there tomorrow as I have been for almost every home game for the last 28 years and much like DDID said earlier in this thread I have never booed the players and that won't start now but for now I won't be straining my voice again to back them either. They haven't earned it and don't deserve it.

• Like 1

Some people make out its the players that are the victims but I'm sorry this isn't the case here, the fans have put up with so much this season and for the other five and I'm afraid at the end of the day it us fans that are the victims. We've backed Villa so much over the years but it seems like we get nothing back in return.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The team has demonstrated an incredible lack of quality and at various points an astonishing lack of effort, fight and heart. They really are not deserving of the support they have already received this season, so I don't think a plea to get behind them is particularly justified as things stand. To make it justifiable we need to see results and more desire on the pitch I'm afraid.

Well you're in a vicious circle then aren't you?

You want results to improve but you're not prepared to back the team-you're happy to sit there like a spare dinner while a few morons are speaking for all of us.

Well done

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Given the tripe served up over the last handful of years I think the fans have in the main shown patience and the support has been very good. Over recent seasons we have struggled but never been cut adrift and in those circumstances in crucial games the supporters have turned out in big numbers and got right behind the players. However all hope has gone now and there is nothing to get behind. All too often this season too many of the players have not put a shift in and that is unforgivable.

I'll be there tomorrow as I have been for almost every home game for the last 28 years and much like DDID said earlier in this thread I have never booed the players and that won't start now but for now I won't be straining my voice again to back them either. They haven't earned it and don't deserve it.

The tripe served up in previous years has very little to do with the current team.

A handful of idiots are making all the noise and causing further problems-If you're happy to sit there and not make an effort then good luck to you.

This

At least give me half an impression that you'd run through a wall for this club and then I'll applaud you off no matter what the result

Duck and dive tackles for 90 minutes and I'm going to boo

I'm not going to stand there like a seal clapping along

Saw it at Norwich and Sunderland, better fan brigade claiming it was the fans fault that we weren't winning, it's utter bollocks

6 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

The tripe served up in previous years has very little to do with the current team.

A handful of idiots are making all the noise and causing further problems-If you're happy to sit there and not make an effort then good luck to you.

Happy to sit there and not make any effort. Really?  I will have already made an effort having again forked out nearly £800 on two season tickets. Having rushed home from work to get to the game.

I am not blaming those not here last season or previous seasons for the struggles then. I am blaming them for the lack of effort they have shown in all too many games this season. A lack of ability I will forgive but as I said a lack of effort is unforgivable.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

I'm not being funny, and believe me when I say I'm not a soft lad, I did try remonstrating with a fella who lost his shit at Guzan when he rolled the ball to Amavi at the Palace game. He was apoplectic, I thought he was being a petulant little child. We nearly came to blows.

I love my club, always will, but I'm not getting a broken nose or worse, breaking somebody's nose, trying to calm some bloody idiot down. I'm not **** batman, I'm there to support my team.

• Like 1

No thanks. They are, in the majority,a bunch of lazy, spineless, gutless, cowards.

In the alternative then, can you please keep away until the end of the season?

Thanks in advance.

Are going to stay and clap the lap of honour vs Newcastle?

Clapping and cheering a team that will probably end the season as the 2nd worst in PL history

I personally think the abuse aimed at the coach isn't on but they're unbelievable lucky that VP hasn't turned on them yet, wasn't particularly fond of warnocks every touch being booed (or his numerous attempts at an own goal that brought those boos on) but I can envisage Guzan and gestede getting that before the end of the season, I don't think the vitriol has even started yet

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Happy to sit there and not make any effort. Really?  I will have already made an effort having again forked out nearly £800 on two season tickets. Having rushed on home from work to get to the game.

I am not blaming those not here last season or previous seasons for the struggles then. I am blaming them for the lack of effort they have shown in all too many games this season. A lack of ability I will forgive but as I said a lack of effort is unforgivable.

Many people have bought season tickets Mark-Not just you. Many people rush home from work to get to a game as well.

This is not about being holier than thou or being a superfan-It is about shutting up a mindless minority who are causing us far more problems than we need at present.

If they see that the majority of fans want to support the team, maybe they will crawl back under their stones?

I've said that the players haven't covered themselves in glory and that I'm sure they know it-I don't care what has gone on. I'm looking about what will happen moving forward. Someone has to make the first move. We can either wait for the team to improve or use this crisis as a catalyst.

Throughout our history, fans have reacted positively to these types of crisis. I appreciate theres a lot of new wave muppets out there. I don't care about them-I care about the Villa and whats happening to us.

Â