Protest / boycott

villa4europe

14 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Not going and I'd be quite happy if a significant amount of people were to take the same stance. If nothing else it might make those running the club, including the new chairman, that they really should be scared about relegation and its impact.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me ..... in any respect !

So having no fans there is supposed to scare somebody and change something ?

We are 95% (at least) certain to go down and we should get over it and stop being so negative. No amount of protesting at the ground or behind a keyboard is going to change anything, never has and never will.

40 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me ..... in any respect !

So having no fans there is supposed to scare somebody and change something ?

We are 95% (at least) certain to go down and we should get over it and stop being so negative. No amount of protesting at the ground or behind a keyboard is going to change anything, never has and never will.

I don't expect everyone to agree, that's football. But just like you don't see the point in it I don't see the point in being positive or simply accepting what is happening which appears to be your alternative.

Each to their own.

For me, going along and supporting the team doesn't equate to "being positive and simply accepting what is happening" ...... I'm not going to cheer on the chairman, owner, past managers or anybody that is ACTUALLY responsible for our demise. I'm supporting the players / the team as that's what I thought being a fan is all about !

Edited by Paul33

43 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

For me, going along and supporting the team doesn't equate to "being positive and simply accepting what is happening" ...... I'm not going to cheer on the chairman, owner, past managers or anybody that is ACTUALLY responsible for our demise. I'm supporting the players / the team as that's what I thought being a fan is all about !

I'm not getting into a better fan thing.

The attendance will be poor in any case. I suspect people will just not go because it's midweek, in the cup and against a League 2 side, rather than as actual protest. So, seeing as though nobody will be able to tell the difference, why bother protesting?

In addition, are people forgetting that Randy is already trying to sell the club, negating any need for any kind of protest anyway?? Plus, he doesn't seem to give **** what the fans think. All in all, I don't get it.

Edited by One For The Road

I'm going. For four main reasons;

1) The players have earned my support over this last week.

2) Really **** off with the lack of effort and the apathy shown towards protest against Palace. Can't be arsed now unless it's properly organised.

3) Wycombe need the money.

4) Randy won't care. Unless we are talking millions rather than potentially £100k, it won't make a blind bit of difference.

• Like 2

On 16/01/2016 at 08:43, theboyangel said:

it's a tenner a ticket and I happen to be back in the midlands with work for a few days.

Dragging 5 work colleagues along, consisting on two Plymouth Argyle fans, a ManUre fan, a Liverpool fan and a Spurs fan (all are born and bred Devon - where the vast majority are plastic supporters of 'top' teams!)

I was born and used to live in North Devon and I support Villa, does that make me a plastic fan?

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I was born and used to live in North Devon and I support Villa, does that make me a plastic fan?

I would say the vast majority support the top clubs because they've won a lot recently and Sky show their matches and dribble over them every five minutes. When have Villa been media darlings? Not in the Sky/Premier League era.

Hardly any kids (and I mean youngsters up to mid twenties) in my town support Argyle - its all Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and bizarrely a spate of Man Citeh fans have cropped up in recent years.

Not all of them have the obligatory 'Uncle' who was from Manchester and bought them their first kit etc - glory hunters the lot of them ;)