Protest / boycott

villa4europe

I'm not going in protest and I hope a lot of others do the same, hoping for an embarrassing crowd, lowest in years which based on the 4800 they're supposed to be getting will do well to be under 15k

Already seen ainsworth asking villa fans not to stay away because they need the big gate receipt, sorry mate not a chance

Forget your banners, car park protests and swearing at players, time to do something they'll understand

Don't go

• Like 3

Club absolutely MUST do something big for the fans with this one. Massive discounts, maybe even free entry for anybody who attended the first game or maybe anybody who has a 5+ booking history this season.

If they leave it at full price, there will be more stewards there than fans !!!

On 1/11/2016 at 18:44, villa4europe said:

Already seen ainsworth asking villa fans not to stay away because they need the big gate receipt, sorry mate not a chance

Don't worry, they'll probably get a big match in the next round. ;)

Prior to last week I was up for anything,  boycott, protest, letters to the press,  shouting at them as they got on the coach was fair game as well for me.  Now,  do what you like it matters not.  Not one difference will it make

• Like 2

Not going and I'd be quite happy if a significant amount of people were to take the same stance. If nothing else it might make those running the club, including the new chairman, that they really should be scared about relegation and its impact.

it's a tenner a ticket and I happen to be back in the midlands with work for a few days.

Dragging 5 work colleagues along, consisting on two Plymouth Argyle fans, a ManUre fan, a Liverpool fan and a Spurs fan (all are born and bred Devon - where the vast majority are plastic supporters of 'top' teams!)

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

it's a tenner a ticket and I happen to be back in the midlands with work for a few days.

Dragging 5 work colleagues along, consisting on two Plymouth Argyle fans, a ManUre fan, a Liverpool fan and a Spurs fan (all are born and bred Devon - where the vast majority are plastic supporters of 'top' teams!)

I'm sure they'll be Villa fans by full time... 

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Not going and I'd be quite happy if a significant amount of people were to take the same stance. If nothing else it might make those running the club, including the new chairman, that they really should be scared about relegation and its impact.

Why should they be scared ? They are not bought into the club , it is a business to them they still get paid or a payoff should it not exist 

15 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Not sure i understand the stance of wishing nobody to turn up? More financial problems , getting beat by wycombe in front of 10k depleating confidence even more.There is nothing good that will come from that

It would send a message to the owner and his lackies that there is something to fear in relegation. Besides I'm not sure I see any good in getting spanked by City in the next round.