Are you protesting on Tuesday against Palace?

avfc1982am

Are you protesting on Tuesday against Palace?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going on Tuesday and if so will you be protesting in the North Stand car park during the first 15mins of the game? Do you think protests should be when we are mathmatically relegated? Or is it worth it?

• Yes
    • No
    • When it's mathmatically certain
    • Whats the point

Any protest is the acting out of frustrations of an impotent actor - It doesn't, and won't, achieve anything constructive because it can't, but makes it clear there are frustrations. Ignoring the fact that anyone that cares already knows there's frustrations. It's a collective tantrum.

• Like 2

A protest is pointless in our circumstances but I can understand some people's desire to do something, anything to show their anger at what is happening.

Personally I think the best way to do it would be boycott the Wycombe replay.

That would get people's attention in the club and in the media without being counter productive in terms of our attempts not to be utterly woeful in the league.

Still, I'm not sure it would achieve a great deal really but might make some feel better.

So boycott the Wycombe game I say.

• Like 3

There are two problems for me 

1) There is no clear message and no clear purpose to the "protest" a bunch of people being late to a game standing a car park will achieve nowt. (Toon fans tried this to oust Ashley - remind me how that one worked out) 

2) The protest will inevitably descend into a bunch of pissed up berks in the club colours yelling "word removed" at anyone who will pay them attention. 

I thought the behaviour of those "fans" at Wycombe on Saturday was a complete disgrace and an embarrassment to the club and would far rather those shameful events were not repeated in any way shape or form. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

is the right answer

the way they fudge the attendances it doesnt matter if ST holders dont turn up tomorrow night, on a piece of paper it'll still say 30k fans were there, i hope they get an embarrassing number through the doors for wycombe

like i said in the wycombe thread, i wouldnt go if it was free

A protest is pointless in our circumstances but I can understand some people's desire to do something, anything to show their anger at what is happening.

That would get people's attention in the club and in the media without being counter productive in terms of our attempts not to be utterly woeful in the league.

Still, I'm not sure it would achieve a great deal really but might make some feel better.

So you boycott the Wycombe game....what will this achieve? The board aren't gonna resign, that sort of action isn't gonna get us nearer a new owner. All its gonna do is give us more negative press. And that's one thing we don't need!!!

20 minutes ago, gaz711 said:

So you boycott the Wycombe game....what will this achieve? The board aren't gonna resign, that sort of action isn't gonna get us nearer a new owner. All its gonna do is give us more negative press. And that's one thing we don't need!!!

Guessing you only read the last line I posted.

Guessing you only read the last line I posted.

Yeah, what's the point in a protest?

I'm up for that too.

I understand that people think it's a bit of a tantrum. Fine, what's wrong with that? We're football fans, expressing emotion is basically the only reason we watch the game isn't it?

Id guess this is going to turn out quite embarasing!

Couple of hundred fans is going to make us look very smalltime, especially since there is no one to actually protest to!

Small time how? By showing they care? I've never thought that to be insignificant.

Too many Villa fans worry far too much about what fans of other clubs think. I think that's small time myself.

• Like 3

No - Lerner's already trying to sell so it's pointless.

Not hard enough. It was basically confirmed by Fox in the summer that he wasn't actively looking anymore. That he wouldn't during the season. He was using Meryl Lynch IIRC? I believe they were stood down.

Well the season is over. So let's give him a kick up the arse?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Small time how? By showing they care? I've never thought that to be insignificant.

Too many Villa fans worry far too much about what fans of other clubs think. I think that's small time myself.

Agreed. What's more embarrassing is the supine reaction some give on here to a potential protest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not hard enough. It was basically confirmed by Fox in the summer that he wasn't actively looking anymore. That he wouldn't during the season. He was using Meryl Lynch IIRC? I believe they were stood down.

Even then, I doubt some small protest is going to do anything. It's not like he's not already aware that most fans want him gone.

Even then, I doubt some small protest is going to do anything. It's not like he's not already aware that most fans want him gone.

One small protest alone no. Every little gesture counts. If we did nothing at all all of the time then he wouldn't know at all, would he.

It's maybe 30 minutes out of peoples lives. I'm very surprised at the apathy. Perhaps if thousands turned up too it wouldn't look so "small time".

I'll be intrigued now to see if anyone outside of the knuckle draggers or the bag wearers condemn it as small time.

• Like 2

Â