Are you protesting on Tuesday against Palace?

avfc1982am

Are you protesting on Tuesday against Palace?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going on Tuesday and if so will you be protesting in the North Stand car park during the first 15mins of the game? Do you think protests should be when we are mathmatically relegated? Or is it worth it?

• Yes
    • No
    • When it's mathmatically certain
    • Whats the point

Protesting before the game is a load of crap. Should protest whilst the game is playing. As soon is the match kicks off everybody should get up and go towards the exits, come back again after 15mins. Or, everyone just sit silent for a certain amount of time - no cheering, no clapping, nothing...

A football club is nothing without fans - gives the right people a taste of what that would feel like if everybody was pushed away. 

So tell me, what will you be doing?

Probably because focusing that energy into supporting the players and getting behind the team is far more productive than continuing the cycle of negativity. The board know this is unacceptable, they know that we know this, they know that we're not happy with it, they're not trying to be this shit. 

Just seems like a waste of time and energy to me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Probably because focusing that energy into supporting the players and getting behind the team is far more productive than continuing the cycle of negativity. The board know this is unacceptable, they know that we know this, they know that we're not happy with it, they're not trying to be this shit. 

Just seems like a waste of time and energy to me. 

Fans can do both. Just because they gather before the game doesn't mean they can't cheer theplayers when they get into the ground. Although to what ends I'm not sure.  I doubt it would have any positive impact on our team anyway and besides which winning a game or two would be pretty futile given our position, it seems the players have given up anyway . The support has in the main been magnificent this season given the durge we have had to put up with.

in terms of the board knowing this, are you on it in some sort of non executive capacity? That's facetious actually I know you aren't but the thing is, how do you know they are aware? What gives you the impression they know ? Because I'm not convinced. Thousands of other fans aren't convinced and this is their chance to at least persuade themselves that they have done things to make the hoard know

Though I'm a season ticket holder I've decided to give this game a miss. As I have the past 3 games. I hate the fact that I really cannot be bothered to go to the Villa anymore. As for the protest, even if I did go to the game, I wouldn't do it.

No one at Villa wants to be in this situation, protesting isn't really achieving anything other than bringing more negativity to the club. If there was a valid reason for it, I'd be all up for it, but I don't see one here.

Edited by PieFacE

13 minutes ago, Richard said:

Fans can do both. Just because they gather before the game doesn't mean they can't cheer theplayers when they get into the ground. Although to what ends I'm not sure.  I doubt it would have any positive impact on our team anyway and besides which winning a game or two would be pretty futile given our position, it seems the players have given up anyway . The support has in the main been magnificent this season given the durge we have had to put up with.

in terms of the board knowing this, are you on it in some sort of non executive capacity? That's facetious actually I know you aren't but the thing is, how do you know they are aware? What gives you the impression they know ? Because I'm not convinced. Thousands of other fans aren't convinced and this is their chance to at least persuade themselves that they have done things to make the hoard know

Do you honestly think that they think that this where we are is acceptable? 

Fox himself said last month -  "It's clearly not where we want to be and it's not good enough. "

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Do you honestly think that they think that this where we are is acceptable? 

Fox himself said last month -  "It's clearly not where we want to be and it's not good enough. "

Do you honestly think they know the extent of the fans frustration, or care?

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Do you honestly think they know the extent of the fans frustration, or care?

The very public abuse of the players and manager getting on the coach and Richards talking to the fans being in the news? Of course they know and I don't see why they wouldn't care.

The fact that there's this "crisis meeting" going on (as reported in several newspapers today and not just the rags) says to me that people at the club are fully aware of what is going on. 

I know it's cool to pretend that people like Fox are in their offices right now, smashing their phone against their heads, whilst singing nursery rhymes and drawing on the walls with crayons, but I'd imagine, with a high level of certainty, that they've all seen the coverage from the weekend; they consumed the various news reports; they are aware of the toxic environment prevalent throughout the club.

But I've got nothing against the protests. People support the club in the way they chose and each person is well within their right to voice their discontent via the form of protest.

I just don't know what the message is or what it will achieve, but if it allows some fans to let off steam, and feel like they've done something for the cause then they should crack on. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 2

The whole thing is - what are they protesting about? State of the club? Its been this way for 4 years, we were just blessed to have a hell of a centre forward who single handedly kept us in this division for 3 years in a row. No signings? We signed a whole new squad in the summer. I'm really confused as to what the focus of the protest is, or its aims. Protest that some billionaire somewhere hasn't bought us yet?

• Like 2

Just now, chrissmith921 said:

The whole thing is - what are they protesting about? State of the club? Its been this way for 4 years, we were just blessed to have a hell of a centre forward who single handedly kept us in this division for 3 years in a row. No signings? We signed a whole new squad in the summer. I'm really confused as to what the focus of the protest is, or its aims. Protest that some billionaire somewhere hasn't bought us yet?

There's no message. The only thing I've seen about this "protest" is a couple of posts on here. But none of them say what the protest is.

It'll end up being a handful of angry fans all shouting about different things, ultimately wanting "lerner out", which is also what he wants.

I'm already cringing at the bed sheets.

• Like 2

Â