Where do we go from here?

Grasshopper

It starts from the top.  Until we are sold to someone who wants to progress the club then at absolute best we will only ever tread water.

We've spent the past 5 years buying Championship players.  Well guess what ... exactly.

The point was made on Sky's Sunday Supplement that all of the men currently occupying the senior positions at Aston Villa do not have a CV that qualifies them for their roles.  They are not qualified and have zero experience of making the decisions that they are currently making.  Is it any wonder then that they are making bad decision after bad decision.  No.

We are going down.  In all likelyhood this means the club Randy has been unable to sell in the Premier League will be even less desireable, so in the short term we must hope that this 'imminent' new chairman will be a good one.  Otherwise I fear more of the same in the Championship.

Where we go from here?  I don't think it's hyperbole to say we need a root and branch change of the hierarchy off the pitch.  Like others on here I would love that to include a 'Villa' man.  Be it Taylor or Little or someone of that ilk.

The jury is still out on Garde.  I think he needs more time and this January window in order to try and sort things out on the pitch.  I don't think the players are a million miles off in terms of outright quality.  I think some are.  I think everyone's confidence is rock bottom and that's a problem in itself.  The environment and circumstances have conspired to make them look worse than they are.  We'll lose some of them next season.  Maybe not as many as we think.  But funnily enough, given the level we'll be playing at, I think in the bigger picture the playing staff are actually the easiest element to fix.

Put it this way.  This club has much bigger problems than who plays at right back.

• Like 3

Anybody have significant expertise is setting up a private equity fund?

Look for total capital commitment of 200 million with 100 million in year 1.

Initially invest in liquid assets such as money markets until 100 million is reached and then the fund buys the club.

A supporters trust is the main investor with fans buying voting rights, £1 per vote. 

Assuming 40,000 fans that's £2500 each in the year 1 capital call to reach the £100 million to buy the club.

Additional investors welcome if their subscription into the private equity fund is voted in by the Trust, i.e the supporters. (might need to be separate entity)

The Trust should remain the majority shareholder ensuring the fans control the club.

Remaining 100 million is called in year 2 with cash invested into the club, in whatever way the Trust decides.

Anyway, we all have dreams. This is one of mine...

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Someone will recommend getting Ellis in as a temporary figurehead.

Could be 'Lockharts law', similar to Godwin's law but instead there is a correlation between how shit we are and the likelihood of people wanting Ellis to be dug up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Could be 'Lockharts law', similar to Godwin's law but instead there is a correlation between how shit we are and the likelihood of people wanting Ellis to be dug up.

Or people just wistfully remembering with fondness the bits before we were run into the ground, had to return Eirik Bakke because we couldn't afford to continue his loan from Championship Leeds, hadn't a pot to piss in and were not just a season from being relegated but were going down with ominous finances.  Whatever Randy is or was, he rescued this club from an absolutely parasitic shitehawk.  It will be a footnote in the history books, but it is a pity for us that Citeh decided to use cheat mode when they did.

• Like 2

On 12/01/2016 at 08:46, Tom13 said:

What are you referring to here? I'm confused.

Believe it was called the NextGen tournament or series. We were the last ones to win it before they went for an all CL team tournament instead.
The youth team got to play all over Europe against some tough and different opposition. A really great life and footballing experience.

Taken away because FIFA supports a monopoly, the FA is pathetic and our club, the club who showed that it's not just about buying in your kids won it and said practically nothing.

Â