Where do we go from here?

Grasshopper

One thing is clear. The "losing" has to be removed from the club.

Randy has tried various ways to effect what happens on the pitch (manager, CEO, Transfer commitee, bombsquad, young-hungry.....etc) all to no avail.

We're at the stage now where every department of the club is tainted &/or ruined.

AVFC needs a complete clearout and a new beginning. Maybe we can spare a few who have been tainted but not "too affected" keep them and add a new blood to the main body of the club. (For example Ayew, Amavi, Traore and the youngsters who haven't been exposed to too much "shiteness".

Ideally the sale of the club would be the best option, ridding the club of RL TF PR Almstadt and (unfortunately) Garde too.

Gaby, Nzog, Guzan, Richardson, Westwood, Sanchez, Hutton, Bacuna, Sinclair, Gestede and maybe a few other put on gardening leave immediately and permanently till they are sold (yes another Bombsquad) then new owners can start again from scratch ready for July 1st return to duty.

IF RL CANNOT SELL I see only one other option.

Bomb the above players along with The General, Tom Fox, P Reilly & Almstadt

RL should then appoint S Stride & G Taylor as Oversee-ers to appoint a new set of staff (GT even as manager till they find the right man - I'd be OK on HDE even allowed to sweettalk CEO, board and other admin potentials) 

a new start with little or no trace of the "Old-Failure-Guard".

get people like Brian Little, Big Ron in as temps for whatever roles they can benefit too to lift the aura about the club

THEN INVEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Untill this happens, they only way is down and further downs league & finances wise.

• Like 1

get people like Brian Little, Big Ron in as temps for whatever roles they can benefit too to lift the aura about the club

What roles would that be then? We already have had some fans moaning at the number of the staff we have employed.

Also forget the idea of those players mentioned in a bomb squad; far too many on big wages for it too happen. We either sell/loan or play them with the current restrictions in place and so far the club have been playing them which tells you what direction this club is going in. I can't see investment coming in for new players with all those players mentioned going in to a bomb squad, the wage bill would be eye watering considering we are going down. Huge financial problems.

You are also presuming new owners would want to invest.

I'm not trying to put you down as I agree with some of what you say unfortunately it won't happen for many reasons.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

What roles would that be then? We already have had some fans moaning at the number of the staff we have employed.

Also forget the idea of those players mentioned in a bomb squad; far too many on big wages for it too happen. We either sell/loan or play them with the current restrictions in place and so far the club have been playing them which tells you what direction this club is going in. I can't see investment coming in for new players with all those players mentioned going in to a bomb squad, the wage bill would be eye watering considering we are going down. Huge financial problems.

You are also presuming new owners would want to invest.

I'm not trying to put you down as I agree with some of what you say unfortunately it won't happen for many reasons.

The main problem we have is that the poison has spread throughout the whole club workings

imagine you have a bottle full of polluted water. You empty a quarter of it and replace it with 1/4 fresh water. Shake it a few times what you you have? A bottle of polluted water still.

Even if you half empty the bottle replace it with fresh watet twice you are just diluting and not cleaning out the bottle till its pollution free.

We need a clean slate, Garde cant even get a win and is infected by all the poison around the team BMH.

nothing that has involved ghe current set up (top to bottom) has worked so far, and is getting worse results/position-wise, So what are the alternatives?

ps we need shots in the arm, feelgood factor and inspiration from known heroes. We need to feel like a family again, not a Corperate flop

Edited by Grasshopper

The club is rotten everywhere and the pitch should be the least of our worries.

I'll give two easy examples of why the club is being run like muppets, especially considering we blow 65k a week on Nzogs wages.
1. Does anybody remember the noise made when the CL tournament changed and we suddenly lost a really brilliant way for lower teams to develop young players? Nope, neither do I. Why on earth was the club so silent? Did we have no response or action plan?!

2. I was part of the team which tried to save the Aston Arena. I called the club numerous times, I visited the club numerous times, I emailed numerous times and I wrote a few letters to various people at the club. All I wanted was a conversation. I never got that so I mentioned needing their support when I got the campaign on the radio, the TV, in papers and with politicians. Guess what, nothing. I was a few hundred metres away, I was extremely accessible.
That is not the Villa we used to have, the Villa which let disabled/blind children rip up its pitch for a end of year tournament. That doesn't happen any more.

Where do we go from here?....we get somebody in who can look at the club as a whole, evaluate what as a whole club we're good/bad at and then actually have 10 and 20 year plans.
When they're ready to accept they need help I'm available for the job ;)

• Like 2

The thing is with Taylor and Little is they were so old fashioned this was being exposed clearly at the end of their time with villa. Bog Ron is also out of date by at least 20 yrs. 

Mind you the current crop aren't old fashioned or out of touch, their just shit.

Edit:- Noticed I misspelled Atkinson as 'Bog Ron'. Decided not to change.

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

The thing is with Taylor and Little is they were so old fashioned this was being exposed clearly at the end of their time with villa. Bog Ron is also out of date by at least 20 yrs. 

I don't think you're quite right about GT and Sir Brian. GT (second time round) also had ropy players, to a degree - certainly not a strong squad, and not much in the way of support from the then Chairman. But he had us at least winning home games (I think we won 11 that full year when he was in charge).

Brian Little wasn't "old fashioned" in either the type of football we played, or in his approach generally. I think he maybe got a bit worn down by other things than football.

Either way those two are proper true Villa men. I'd love the club to have people with a fraction of their love for and devotion to the club in place now.

Where I do agree is that BFR had sort of life-exed in terms of being a football manager, and maybe the other two as well. Everyone has a period, and then they get exhausted and weary/cynical and then they lose their effectiveness and their edge. None went on to do anything elsewhere, really, that sprang to notice. Though Brian Little worked hard with tranmere and Wrexham and so on.

What the club and team needs is a unifying force. Someone to pull everyone together through force of character. We've got an owner who doesn't care or get involved, some commercial bods running things and a keen but inexperienced foreign manager learning the ropes of English football life. And a bunch of players who are lacking confidence, lack a goalscorer, lack leadership and lack bottle and fight. And then on top of that, there are (understandably) mutinous fans.

By preparing to sell, preparing for life in the Championship and all that the whole message from the club is "we give up". It's pitiful.

• Like 2

slight variation on this topic.  What do you think will come out of the crisis talks in New York Today.

A. pump a huge investment and pay whatever it takes to get a winning team on the field before the end of this window?

B. resign ourselves to going down and start thinking in long-term planning?

C. some other plan.

I will resent the leadership even more than I do now if they opt for B.  I strongly think we have players that give up when we go a goal down, before the game is over.  It makes me furious. For that reason I stand opposed to the board (and even fans) doing the same thing.

On January 10, 2016 at 14:59, Grasshopper said:

One thing is clear. The "losing" has to be removed from the club.

Randy has tried various ways to effect what happens on the pitch (manager, CEO, Transfer commitee, bombsquad, young-hungry.....etc) all to no avail.

We're at the stage now where every department of the club is tainted &/or ruined.

The thread asks the only question that really matters, as I see it, and I certainly haven't the faintest idea of any answers. All I can think is, "... to the next match, where we must try to win." 

I realise that doesn't have the existential depth of your question, but that's about the depth I feel I can handle with this club this awful week.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

1. Does anybody remember the noise made when the CL tournament changed and we suddenly lost a really brilliant way for lower teams to develop young players? Nope, neither do I. Why on earth was the club so silent? Did we have no response or action plan?!

What are you referring to here? I'm confused.

16 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

slight variation on this topic.  What do you think will come out of the crisis talks in New York Today

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

A. pump a huge investment and pay whatever it takes to get a winning team on the field before the end of this window?

NO

B. resign ourselves to going down

YES

and start thinking in long-term planning?

RL DOESNT DO THINKING

C. some other plan.

RL "wots a plan, man?"

I will resent the leadership even more than I do now if they opt for B.  I strongly think we have players that give up when we go a goal down, before the game is over.  It makes me furious. For that reason I stand opposed to the board (and even fans) doing the same thing.

He's just a dumb Septic who is septic

Â