London Midland

villanwesty88

I use the Cross City line most days (Four Oaks - Five Ways) and to be fair, I find it generally ok. There are occasional problems, and the issue on Friday night for the OP sounds a right pain, I was lucky I was off that day, but I only really experience any major problems a handful of times a year. 

Getting on at Five Ways is a clever idea, done it a few times as it's the same distance as New Street to where I work,  as you get a seat as 90% on from University then get off at New Street before the rest of the Cattle get on.

I last caught it from there on the night of the Man. United home game funnily enough (I wasn't going to the game but meeting my Dad to watch it at the Yenton)....took 40 minutes end to end!

I think also looking ahead with this talk of more homes being built on greenbelt around Sutton it would be good if the Vale-Castle Brom stretch of Freight line that runs by Sutton was reopened to cope with the rise in population in the next 10 years.

No idea how feasible that is though but the roads are already choking.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

I work near Five Ways but know what you are saying, just need to stand from Five Ways to New Street, then wait for the mass exodus then grab a seat before the people waiting get on.

I used to drive to work but most days it could take me 45-60 mins to get from Five Ways Island to the Expressway... the tunnels were always rammed and there was always some word removed breaking down in there. In less than an hour I can be home on the train

You can now bring them down from the inside if you want, LM are recruiting!

Trainee Senior Conductor - Various Locations

Job Title Trainee Senior Conductor - Various Locations
Salary £22,192 rising to £29,218
Based at All Locations
Region West Midlands/West Coast
Hours of work 36 hrs per week including weekends and bank holidays
Job Expiry Date 19 Jan 2016

Overview of the Trainee Senior Conductor - Various Locations Role

Senior Conductor - Take your flair for customer service in a new direction.....

Locations:  Crewe, Shrewsbury, Birmingham, Stourbridge, Worcester, Coventry, Leamington Spa, Northampton, Bletchley, Watford.

Please note: If you are already held on our pipeline you will not need to reapply.  Candidates will only be considered if they live within a 25 mile radius of the depot and will only be considered for their nearest depot.  All successful candidates will be added to our Conductor pipeline and called upon for course start dates throughout 2016/17.

£30k, New Street, Snow Hill, Cov, Leamington, Stourbridge and Worcester.   I'd have posted this in the careers thread but I couldn't find it and searching for generic terms like "jobs" and "career" in the filter still throws up more threads than I'm prepared to trawl through. 

17 hours ago, The_Rev said:

£30k, New Street, Snow Hill, Cov, Leamington, Stourbridge and Worcester.   I'd have posted this in the careers thread but I couldn't find it and searching for generic terms like "jobs" and "career" in the filter still throws up more threads than I'm prepared to trawl through. 

Click on the magnifying glass for search options. Type "careers" in the search term box and tick "content titles only". Returns one topic.

Â