Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

2/3 nil Palace.

We'll do ok for a bit but then they'll score the first time they venture in the 18 yard box, probably around the 44 minute mark.

I'll have a pie and a Carlsberg at half time and talk about how hard it is to get onto the property ladder. 

We'll look really good for 20 minutes in the second half, then they'll break away and score a deflected goal which Guzan probably should save.

Ayew will probably be our most lively player, Westwood/Sanchez will be awful and our wide men will be anonymous.

I'll leave around the 87 minute mark in order to beat the traffic and talk about how the weather has 'really turned' this week.

Next weeks lottery numbers are:

I don't really need to go now do I? I will just throw in a attendance figure of say 28,956.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

i'll be amazed if we hit 30k because the fans have really turned now.

I've been a season ticket holder for 25 years and this will be the first game I've chosen to just not bother going to.

3 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Despite how incredibly shit we are, I still always manage to get a feint feeling of hope that we'll win, even though we will almost certainly lose. Can't help it.

But the thing is, even if we do win it's hardly inspiring.

Despite how incredibly shit we are, I still always manage to get a feint feeling of hope that we'll win, even though we will almost certainly lose. Can't help it.

But the thing is, even if we do win it's hardly inspiring.

Quite the contrary, I think I'll almost cry if we won another game in the league.

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

be great to win and get some fans back on side.

One win at home to Crystal Palace won't shift the board so getting the fans back on side is a much longer and harder process. Plus I just can't see the players suddenly looking interested especially after the abuse at Wycombe.

Just now, H said:

One win at home to Crystal Palace won't shift the board so getting the fans back on side is a much longer and harder process. Plus I just can't see the players suddenly looking interested especially after the abuse at Wycombe.

meant in believing we can get out of trouble. i do believe if we can put two wins together asap then it will give us half a chance and the fans some encouragement.

4 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Quite the contrary, I think I'll almost cry if we won another game in the league.

Only because it gives the manager and players a chance to spout yet more crap about how hard they've been trying.