Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

There was some talk on Twitter and on here about a boycott of this one. I wouldn't be surprised if it's half empty. And if things go badly, a very hostile crowd.

0-2 to Palace

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

There was some talk on Twitter and on here about a boycott of this one. I wouldn't be surprised if it's half empty. And if things go badly, a very hostile crowd.

But not much talk on here as this is the first post to the match forum. Unless it's a secret boycott.

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

"On here" meaning VillaTalk you goof

This is the forum for discussing this match "on here". It would be pretty **** stupid posting about boycotting the game anywhere else on the site.

11 minutes ago, limpid said:

This is the forum for discussing this match "on here". It would be pretty **** stupid posting about boycotting the game anywhere else on the site.

Not really. The subject of a protest against the owner could fall under other topics. Like the one for the owner, who the protest is against, for example.

Just now, Arj Guy said:

The worst home side against one of the best away sides. 1-3 Palace win. I'm glad that I can't be at VP on Tuesday because it will be grim as usual. 

dont ask me why but i can see us winning this. can see us winning the next three games starting with tomorrows at wycombe.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Not really. The subject of a protest against the owner could fall under other topics. Like the one for the owner, who the protest is against, for example.

Who mentioned a protest? "Boycott" was the word used. A boycott only works if everyone knows about it. Not the kind of thing to hide away in other threads.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Who mentioned a protest? "Boycott" was the word used. A boycott only works if everyone knows about it. Not the kind of thing to hide away in other threads.

Same thing.

I don't care about where it was put. I just think it's a bit harsh to call whoever posted about it in the Lerner thread "**** stupid" because they didn't post it in here :)

Really stunning degree of belligerence over what amounts to a pretty inconsequential issue. Had the option to start a thread about this match existed four days ago, I'd have mentioned talk of a boycott in the thread. As it was not an option for me, I and others mentioned it in other threads. I actually thought this was a piss take. Might be time for me to take a break from VT. Happy New year!

• Like 4

The match forum has existed since June. I wasn't calling anyone stupid. I was saying that failing to post about a boycott of a match in that match's forum was stupid.

Any "belligerence" is in your reading of my words, not my writing of them.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was once banned from a football ground for a perceived boycott.

We 'negotiated' and the owner told me that the ban would remain in place as long as I stayed away. If I returned, he would lift the ban.

He wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

only in wales eh :)

Got a weird feeling we'll actually win this, no idea why as Palace have a tight defence and are excellent away from home but I dunno we've got to win at least one home game this season surely.

I did see Palace play Chelsea and they were pretty toothless going forward although Cabaye will be back for this.

2-1 Villa.

I kept thinking with the law of averages, we are going to win one eventually, but I have stopped thinking that. Its a tough game for us. They have speedy wingers and no hutton, which isn't a great loss if we can get a replacement in by then.