The XI that I think could save our season

Poise

8 minutes ago, dukes said:

I like the optimism and everything, but the side you've picked is actually weaker than those  picked by the last two managers (all in my opinion of course).

a defence of Guzan, Bennett, Clark and Bacuna is not even Championship quality

• Like 1

Likes for both Richard and DDID as they're probably the closest (although obviously slightly differing) first teams that I would consider our best starting eleven. There's a case for either in my opinion.

As pointed out, neither version will be enough to get us out of this, but blimey, they both should have accrued more than 8 points by this stage.

We've got various XIs that can keep us in the division the players just have to get in the right mindset. We're only eleven points adrift, a couple of wins here and then another couple and the gaps closed. Survival is still possible.

----------------New GK---------------

Richards-Okore-New CB-Cissokho

------------Gana-Veretout------------

Traore----------Gil------------Ayew--

----------------New ST------------------

And we might have a chance if we can string a couple of results together early.

Okay everyone has an opinion. But people moaning about my team saying it is terrible and then putting theirs with Ayew back out wide is making me laugh.

Our only saving grace at the moment is how Garde has started playing Ayew in his preferred position and how Ayew has repaid that by putting in some top performances. 

If we sign Remy then it has to be Ayew and Remy up top. Could save our season. But I don't think we're going to sign Remy.

Therefore my squad was just all about playing to our strengths and changing the system to a counter-attacking system. At the moment we're playing a style of football that just seems ridiculously hard to play and we are just playing into opponent's hands. Counter attacking football with a front 3 of Adama, Ayew and Gabby could potentially striker fear into defenders given a couple of games.

Obviously if it didn't work we'd change it. All I was saying is that it is worth a go at playing at this style.

• Like 1

Â