The XI that I think could save our season

Poise

Guzan

Bacuna                 Richards               Clark                 Bennett

Westwood

Veretout             Gana

Adama                                                                            Agbonlahor

Ayew

Subs : Bunn, Lescott, Hutton, Sanchez, Gil, Sinclair, Gestede.

In Jan I would like us to loan Grealish to Derby. He ain’t gonna keep us up and the loan could get him used to the Championship which could prove vital next season.

DO NOT SELL AGBONLAHOR! We have kept this guy as a Premiership side and he's dissappointed us now for probably 5 years. However he loves an important goal and I think he would make a great Championship striker for if/when we are relegated. 

Then I would like to sign a Goalkeeper for the first team, a right back for the first team and a centre midfielder to provide competition for the CM places (Gary Gardner can’t even do that.) Maybe get a striker in on loan who's going to be an improvement on Gestede. No point signing anyone in that position because again we know that Gestede can do it in the Championship so we don't want to add to the wage budget for next season.

Play old-fashioned counter-attacking football. Behind the ball when we don’t have possession and then burst forward in 3’s and 4’s when we gain possession.

If we are losing a game going into the last half an hour or so then take off whichever CM is playing poorest for Gil and move him just behind Ayew as an AMC. If we are still losing then take off Bacuna and Bennett for Gestede and Okore/Lescott and go 3-3-4. If we go on to lose by more then at least we gave it a bash!

Bennett has a lot more to prove than Cissokho. Feel we could gain from that. But if he doesn’t hit the ground running bring Cissokho back in and just hope for the best K

It’s a shame none of our centre halves seem to be able to stay fit. Isn’t helping us that we seem to have a different centre half partnership every week. Clark is prone to a mistake but I think we have looked at our steadiest with him next to either Okore or Richards.

I like Hutton for his work rate. Second to none in our team when it comes to that. But he just lets us down in the final third way too often. Bacuna is much better deliverer of a ball and can also hurt teams from set plays. It is goals that we need so he wins that battle for RB. (Obviously unless we sign an improvement at RB).

Gana and Veretout keep showing glimpses of what they are capable of and we have no other decent CM’s anyway so we have to stick with them. I do think they can go on to become good players so hopefully we see that in the 2nd half of the season. You get what you see with Westwood. Not great but will break up play etc. Sanchez makes way too many mistakes. Shame because like Gana and Veretout he too shows glimpses of class but then he will do something very sloppy and just cost us a goal way too often.

Adama is our get out of jail card. Showing glimpses of pretty much phenomenal potential. How he can’t be starting games is beyond me. Agbonlahor has to get back into the fold too. Probably the only player that can keep up with Adama and with both men on the wings could start to scare defences if they can get any kind of form together.

Ayew as the striker doesn’t need explaining.

I think this is our best bet of staying up. Everytime I see our team sheet I just feel that we are not playing to our strengths. We keep trying to play this style of football that is a very hard style to play. We need to go back to basics and at least give survival a fight.

Up The Villa!

14 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Save our season and you pick Gabby? :huh:

Like I said we gotta play to our strengths. Our only strengths are the fast players if you ask me. Hence the counter attacking football with Adam and Gabby on the wings. Sinclair is just as useless as Gabby. I'm not saying it is going to save our season. I just think it is our best chance of doing so.

In all seriousness if you are looking for our best team (not that it would keep us up nothing will at the moment) and with the players we have for the remainder of the season it has to be

-------------------Guzan

Richards---Okore---Lescott--------Cissokho

-----------Gana-----------Westwood

Adama-------Veretout---------------Gil

--------------------Ayew

Replacing those underlined with better and also adding a striker to move Ayew to Gil's place

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

In all seriousness if you are looking for our best team (not that it would keep us up nothing will at the moment) and with the players we have for the remainder of the season it has to be

-------------------Guzan

Richards---Okore---Lescott--------Cissokho

-----------Gana-----------Westwood

Adama-------Veretout---------------Gil

--------------------Ayew

Replacing those underlined with better and also adding a striker to move Ayew to Gil's place

I agree that's probably our best side, gosh what a sad state of affairs.

Â