Ratings & Reactions: Sunderland v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Just how shit was that ref?

Gil got smashed in the face,  after Traore gets booked for a fantastic tackle.

It wasn't just that Gil got fouled, it was the smug smile on the ref's face when Gil complained about it. word removed.

• Like 1

Any other team in world football would've put them under immense pressure after the equaliser. Yet we didn't have another chance for the rest of the game? I really am shocked at how bad we have become since last season, the rate of our demise has been unbelievable. 

8 minutes ago, VillakevBromsgrove said:

It is almost as if it is deliberate, how can any team be this shit. seriously we even throw the ball to them

And then Guzan let's there other striker have a go by passing straight to him :crylaugh: 

Sunderland will be in the championship with us next season. They are truly an awful team. We will have the pulling power of AVFC and recruit good players while they will have to scour the lower leagues because nobody wants to live in the north east of England and play for a dire club like them.

Just now, pacbuddies said:

Sunderland will be in the championship with us next season. They are truly an awful team. We will have the pulling power of AVFC and recruit good players while they will have to scour the lower leagues because nobody wants to live in the north east of England and play for a dire club like them.

LOL! Do you actually believe that?

In 40 years I've never felt like this about this team. They'll be my team forever but there is nothing I like about this club right now. I'd rather be in the lower leagues. The 'top flight' is a money game now and we haven't handled it well. All the pride has gone and we have 'fans' who chose us with a remote in their hand - when their 'til I die' team got relegated. Fans just sing the same tune as Sky saying it's the best league in the world. If that means having players who you don't have time to endear yourself to and call a hero, what's the point? Give me a club with players and an owner who appreciate the history of this club.

Just now, midian said:

We go again

No, we don't. Unless you mean down.

This collection of "players" will not win a game for the rest of this season; they either aren't good enough or don't give a shit, or both.

The new manager has made no difference whatsoever.

There seems no point at all signing players in January as we are already down. Unless they are players to help get the club out of division two (as I still call it).

Not many plus points today...Veretout looks a decent player, Adama played well, great strike by Gil. Shit apart from that. Beaten comprehensively by an ultra-shit Blunderland who will be joining us in relegation. Today's officials should be sacked, the ref and the lino who flagged for a foul when Adama made that top notch tackle are a pair of bung-taking bent words removed.

Lerner deserves to go bankrupt simply for his amazingly bad managerial appointments. I felt guilty at first not renewing my season ticket. Now I don't give a shit if I never go to another game again.

• Like 1

You can not blame Lerner or Garde for these performances, They did not buy the players, Just what the hell is going on behind the scenes that makes these players so bad, Lack of skill and bad luck I can cope with but lack of effort, is not acceptable, no closing down, no running into space, pedestrian football in the midfield with no urgency. it defies belief. within the space of a minute at the end we throw the ball to them from a throw in and then Guzan passes it back to them when they loose posession. We had a better team than this in the third division. On a positive at least alot of them if they stay will have a large pay cut.

Randy Lerner says hello! We might have the pulling power but cant see much in the way of a transfer budget been made available! We will struggle to give these players away.

Anyone still wondering how the f**k Guzan could get beat at his near post. 

I have seen Sunday league keepers with better positional awareness then him!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Thanks to the last 5 seasons, I doubt we have any pulling power.

Neutrals tend to see us as another club like Sunderland, or Fulham a few years ago. Always down towards the bottom, making up the numbers and playing pretty bad football.