Hope : let's stay in this division!

hawkinsd7

Ive started a new topic as this isn't about relegation it's about staying were we belong!! How we are going to fight for our place next season. So how would you fix it? This is mine....

So we are going down? Well as fun as the championship is last time I checked we play 38 games in this division not 19.

This is Aston villa football club the team we all love and we have follwed through every up and down there is....apart from relegation (myself, I know a few of us have too)

so what do we need in the second half of the season to stay up? 

Keeper? Well Brad is good enough for this league I don't think replacing him will make much difference 

defence? One or two solid signings will get the clean sheets coming. Centre half and wingback

midfeilds fine we just need to gel which will come with grealish and traore in waiting to boost us.

strikers ayew is coming into his own and maybe kozak and rudy as back up. Replace kozak if he just isn't ready.

we are talking maybe 4 signings to get out of this that's easy!!

Dispite what the papers and bookies think this isn't over

cmon the villa!

Okay okay....maybe even just a young fun fullback on loan to replace amavi. And get two of our center halfs to form a partnership. Okore/Clark/Richards maybe even Clark fullback?? That will block up our defence and get the lads playing with each other.  Honestly that will let our attacking boys play get us that first win remember all we need is four wins and it's all to play for

cmon the villa!

so what other simple thing could we do? Straight away the positive of the last few weeks has been we are starting to pick up points

I really hope you're right mate, but I just can't see us getting out of this.  Like you, I've never experienced relegation - my first season as a fan was the year we came back up.

All season I've been thinking "one win and we'll get rolling" but that win just hasn't materialised.

On a side note, as a Mod I'll have to keep an eye on this thread to make sure it doesn't just replicate the Relegation Thread. You're new to VT so I don't want to just move it in case others share your optimism!

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Why can't people just accept we are down? It doesn't make you any worse of a fan.

We are abysmal, one of the worst teams the PL has ever seen. It is over, deal with it.

What is the point in accepting it when we still have a chance, however remote.

I am eternally positive, and I just cannot see what acceptance is going to achieve, so why wallow in negativity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really. It is the hope that kills you. I have accepted it and moved on.

Your going to be disappointed if we're relegated, whether or not you brace yourself for it now by telllng yourself that we're already down.

• Like 1