The VT Deadpool 2016

Seat68

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Typical, Im allowed 8 days off sick in a rolling 12 month year or I'm in trouble no matter the ailment.. 

How can there be a time limit on sickness? That's crazy! 

42 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Typical, Im allowed 8 days off sick in a rolling 12 month year or I'm in trouble no matter the ailment. Liz gets 12 days for a cold. 

Who do you work for,  and have you investigated the legality of this? 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Typical, Im allowed 8 days off sick in a rolling 12 month year or I'm in trouble no matter the ailment. 

Heart attack?  Car crash involving loss of limbs? Stroke? 

NHS. Obviously there are ways round it but overall it's a cruel place to work for a 'caring' profession. That 'caring' mindset doesn't extend to staff obviously though. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

NHS. Obviously there are ways round it but overall it's a cruel place to work for a 'caring' profession. That 'caring' mindset doesn't extend to staff obviously though. 

But what do you mean 'allowed 8 days'?

Would you get the sack or something? I can't believe that all NHS staff manage to keep sick leave to 8 days or less. Is it that you drop to statutory sick pay maybe?

Genuinely interested what allowed 8 days means. Our office puts people on SSP after 4 days.

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You'd think that NHS staff (at least those in contact with contagious patients) would need MORE sickness allowance than other workers. 

I was just just thinking that! Dealing with sick people all day