The VT Deadpool 2016

Seat68

23 minutes ago, veloman said:

Oh dear, Leon Russell. Now that was a proper musician, think he did the original Delta Lady. As I slip into senility my memory fades but I seem to think he was on OGWT or some other live programme with a tour called Mad Dogs and Englishmen.  If I'm correct, it also featured Delaney and Bonnie and even Eric Clapton. *seem to think Bonnie was a bit rude looking !! 

Mainly Joe Cocker. LR was probably the biggest influence on the early Elton John albums, too. 

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm sure you two make people up.

I can vouch for the Mose Allison one.

I follow a radio station WWOZ 90.7FM and they were all over that one.

Possibly, Mr Mooney has faked up an entire New Orleans radio station, but that's a hell of a long game for one fictional deadpooler.

• Like 2

Mose Allison - my goodness that is a name from the past ! The first R and B band I ever played in did a number called Parchman Farm which I think he made famous. We did another number too but I can't quite remember the title - something like 'I live the  life I love and love the life I live'. Might have got that wrong - it was 50 years ago !!!

Yep, to be slightly serious the 'love the life I live' line is how I knew about him, it's referenced in one of the absolute best albums ever, it's quoted in 'Don't Fight It, Feel It' by Primal Scream on the Screamadelica.

As you were.

There was a fantastic documentary about Mose Allison on BBC Four, a few years back. Worth seeking out.

Only just found about his death. Was coming to post it, but when I saw Mooney was the last poster, I figured you'd probably already mentioned it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

aw shit that's another heavy loss, made me go cold when I read that. Really really wasn't expecting it.

FFS - this year really sucks balls. 

So glad I made that trip to Brizzle to see her a couple of years ago. Amazing performer.