The VT Deadpool 2016

Seat68

A legend has been lost but not forgotten.  His partnership with Richard Pryor was seemingly a match made in heaven and I'm saddened that they never made more movies together.  "See no Evil, Hear no Evil" and "Stir Crazy" were both brilliant. Take away Pryor though and he would still be remembered fondly, not least as Willy Wonker.  Thanks go to Mel Brooks for bringing him to our screens.  

Edited by trekka

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoot Hester, Fiddle player in the Time Jumpers and member of his daughter, Rachael Hester's band has died. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/opry-fiddle-player-hoot-hester-dead-at-65-w437267

Fiddle player Hubert Dwane "Hoot" Hester, a 43-year veteran of the Nashville music scene, whose work included 14 years as a member of the Grand Ole Opry staff band and stints backing a wide range of acts from Ray Charles to Hank Williams Jr., died Tuesday, following an 11-month battle with cancer. He was 65.

I had the pleasure of watching Hoot play in his daughters band a few times during a recent trip to Nashville. The band were exceptional. None more so than Hoot. 

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Wow, I thought that was an original madness song :blush:

Without turning it in to some power point tutorial, Prince Buster had a song called 'Madness'. He also had a song about Orange Street, which is referenced in Madness' song about Prince Buster, 'The Prince'. Plus you've got 'one step beyond' posted above.

So he was kind of a big thing for them nutty boys.

I absolutely love Madness, as a kid I listened to a cassette of One Step Beyond on repeat, I nearly wore it out. I can't actually believe I never knew this. I only found out a couple of months ago that It Must Be Love wasn't one of theirs either!

Edited by Paddywhack

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I sort of agree. But I find Black Sabbath equally silly. 

:o why? For someone who's not a fan like yourself  I can maybe see how you would, but I think a lot of people misunderstand them. sabbath dealt with some great stuff lyrically. The satanic thing was a myth.